What's new

Any ideas for Shang Tsung?

Surielx

Noob
I have no idea how to beat him. Exceptionally I can nomad dash when he is doing overhead projectile, that's it. Any ideas?

SparkySanders

Unga bunga dude
I had a tough time with Shang when he was released until people started making videos on how to punish ground skulls and some of his other shenanigans. Raptor made a useful video on YouTube, if you simply type “how to punish Shang tsung” in YouTube you’ll get the answers you seek.

Some characters straight up can't do much about hellspark pressure (even if flawless blocking the second one). I know there's like a dozen videos out there that show these perfectly set up and meticulously positioned scenarios where the skulls hit way toward the back of your blocking hurtbox, allowing you to dash or jump out of the follow-up, but that's not consistent nor realistic the vast majority of the time.

I imagine Kabal is like Lao where you just have to hold dat. Liu, Sub, Geras (if flawless blocks), probably Nightwolf are chars that can shut it down on block.

I realize I'm hyperfocusing on only one element of his gameplay but honestly hellsparks are the only thing that ever gave me trouble.