What's new

Any good supermen that can help me get better?

I haven't really fought any good supermen an trying to get better with superman myself...trying to learn how to pressure my opponents an getting better at corner combos..trying to get better at online getting my combos out consistently.
My PSN name is c23redfield

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
I haven't really fought any good supermen an trying to get better with superman myself...trying to learn how to pressure my opponents an getting better at corner combos..trying to get better at online getting my combos out consistently.
I'm in the same boat dude,would say my Supes is pretty solid but I definitely need to sharpen him up and get him to where my GL is at. Focus on confirming your F2,3 Pressure and BnB's,Low mix ups and yea be sure to get your corner combos down...that's all the input I've got since it's what I'm working on myself. If u had 360 we'd play

Just do F23 Breath all day long. If you see it confirm, do a meter burned version to freeze them, send them through a stage transition for more damage and then repeat the process.
F23 Trait F23 Breath MB B3 J2 F23, F23 Supersafeman-Punch or something like that.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
F23~breath all day will get your back blown out. Its good to get in and build some meter, But its an even better whiff punisher. Ive never played Compbros but I know of him (and his Sonya ;)) so you wont really go wrong getting some superman xp from him. Not sure if Raynex or SatsuiYesHadou play online

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow

I don't mind playing anyone. PSN = Compbros. As for advice.

For pressure F23 breath is without a doubt your best tool but don't abuse it because, despite what people say, it CAN be blown up. Instead of going just F23 breath again and again use it to get advantage for other things: Backdashing to negate any punish attempt and punish them if possible ; air dash (instant if you can manage it) to catch backdashes, open up people blocking low/crossup or to punish people attempting to poke out; etc...

For mixups Supes is iffy because he has a really punishable low scoop and a very slow overhead string. Throw either of these out sparingly and use scoop mostly with your 22 string as 223 is overhead and it puts them at 50/50. F2D1 is a nice string for a low on the second hit and you can use breath to make it safe or hit confirm for 30~ percent.

The combo stuff is just practice.

And Chongo is wrong, I am the "self-proclaimed Best Superman in the World!!!!!!!".

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
just find an 8 year old, maybe your little cousin or nephew. Give him a few hours in the practice room, and viola you have yourself an in depth high execution superman training partner! I hope this helps!

MashBot

You're over matched.
I think i play the most diffenent of all supes i have 4 play style my fav is my rush super air happy hi/low , left/right. ex if all was blocked ill do f23 trait iad jm f23 low scoop, back dash iad jm f2b1 on and on. i rush with all his might i rarely f23 breath even knowing its safe too many ppl have tech for that (some chars can back dash to full combos). but i know when to play lame(grundy and firends). i think this might be the style of play your looking for.and i have never came across a good supes online too i wanna get the mirror match down so anyone wanna run a set plz hit me up.

MashBot

You're over matched.
I don't mind playing anyone. PSN = Compbros. As for advice.

For pressure F23 breath is without a doubt your best tool but don't abuse it because, despite what people say, it CAN be blown up. Instead of going just F23 breath again and again use it to get advantage for other things: Backdashing to negate any punish attempt and punish them if possible ; air dash (instant if you can manage it) to catch backdashes, open up people blocking low/crossup or to punish people attempting to poke out; etc...

For mixups Supes is iffy because he has a really punishable low scoop and a very slow overhead string. Throw either of these out sparingly and use scoop mostly with your 22 string as 223 is overhead and it puts them at 50/50. F2D1 is a nice string for a low on the second hit and you can use breath to make it safe or hit confirm for 30~ percent.

The combo stuff is just practice.

And Chongo is wrong, I am the "self-proclaimed Best Superman in the World!!!!!!!".
you just said everything i was saying as i typed it =(

JayBay

Noob
Dial me in for the ps3. I've been skimming the threads here but there are moves I need to practice with someone knowing what's up. I don't know what the numbers like f23 mean and the jargon gets much more complicated. PSN: jaybay

Did this happen? My supes I'd say is average --> slightly better avg, and I'd wanna join up for some f23 breath action.
PSN: wingstahh

-W