What's new

Tech - Sorcerer Anti-Sorcerer Quan Tech/Glitch(Multiple Restands)

JINAMOUNAINAI

He who is on fire is not troubled by the smoke
By all the time you mean mkxl version right? Im asking because scorpion couldnt get this in mkx

John the Savage

"Safeties disabled, combat mode engaged."
Scorpion could do it before XL. Every character can. You do not need to restand them for it to register a hit of armor and reset the combo.

If you juggle them properly they will get a hit of armor while in the air. you juggle them in the air overtop of the armor rune, which will reset the combo, and you can continue juggling again after.

InFlames

dead
This was possible before XL. I found a similar setup using Cryo and his restand.

Regardless, seeing this video makes me think Scorpion benefits the most from this exploit since an EX Tele read on a Rune will end up being over 60% damage. That is huge.

JINAMOUNAINAI

Scorpion could do it before XL. Every character can. You do not need to restand them for it to register a hit of armor and reset the combo.

If you juggle them properly they will get a hit of armor while in the air. you juggle them in the air overtop of the armor rune, which will reset the combo, and you can continue juggling again after.
Yea that was my point, just going over the rune doesnt automatically grand him armor like in mkx, now armor has a 4 second cooldown( this was added in mkxl) thats why i said scorpion couldnt get this before

John the Savage

Yea that was my point, just going over the rune doesnt automatically grand him armor like in mkx, now armor has a 4 second cooldown( this was added in mkxl) thats why i said scorpion couldnt get this before
It had the cool down before as well. It was a 6 second cool down and they lowered it to 4 seconds. I promise you scorpion could get it before MKXL, you just did it in a different way.

Look up check4900 on YouTube. He has a video "biggest MKX combos 2015". Scorpion is the first character he shows. He does a combo with quans armor run midscreen at about 1:10 in and does a corner one at about 2:00 minutes in.

JINAMOUNAINAI

It had the cool down before as well. It was a 6 second cool down and they lowered it to 4 seconds. I promise you scorpion could get it before MKXL, you just did it in a different way.

Look up check4900 on YouTube. He has a video "biggest MKX combos 2015". Scorpion is the first character he shows. He does a combo with quans armor run midscreen at about 1:10 in and does a corner one at about 2:00 minutes in.
Ok let me rephrase cause we are saying different things, i already know this was " possible" in mkx. But the combos and setups were different and impractical back then because quan would rearmor every time he floated over the circle, now its only cooldown, so we hv the setup above. Which was not possible before

John the Savage

Ok let me rephrase cause we are saying different things, i already know this was " possible" in mkx. But the combos and setups were different and impractical back then because quan would rearmor every time he floated over the circle, now its only cooldown, so we hv the setup above. Which was not possible before

I see. Yes this exact situation with scorpion was not possible before. I understand what you are saying, I was saying just the armor reset as a concept could be done before. not this specific one. It really wasn't unpractical before at all though and you could do over 100% with almost any character if he didn't breaker, but it does seem easier now.

JINAMOUNAINAI

From all my research before, starting a combo with ex tp or 114(wich are the go to ways to break his armor) didnt have any way to cause the reset :( this is why i was super happy to find this in xl