What's new

General/Other - Bojutsu Anti-air options?

Darth Rambo

GT:DarthxXxRambo PSN:Darth__Rambo
Ive been playing alot of people lately (online) that are way too jump happy, i try to d1 into divekick but most of the time i get hit before d1 even comes out. Any advice or general tips for jumpy people?

EDIT: Im sorry i guess i should have specified i mean after ive been knocked down and they are jumping over me time and time again. Njp isnt going to work if they are already attacking before i even leave the ground.

Last edited:

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
You see your opponent.
You watch them jump.
You jump and mash punch.
You get free damage.
Rinse wash repeat. Lord Bonjitsu everybody.

Wigy

There it is...
Njp
Tripguard with your crazy reach 50:50s
U1
Your S1 probably better option than most of the cast lol

This is Like somebody asking on the raiden forums how to get people into the corner lol

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
bro, up + 1, 1, 11, back 2 xx Bo Swat for distance, forward 2 xx flying kick for extreme distance on anticipation, njp only on anticipation, when thy're far. don't listen to some of the earlier bad posts from bad players in the thread, you cannot njp on reaction when the opponent's above you, especially when they're very close.

Darth Rambo

bro, up + 1, 1, 11, back 2 xx Bo Swat for distance, forward 2 xx flying kick for extreme distance on anticipation, njp only on anticipation, when thy're far. don't listen to some of the earlier bad posts from bad players in the thread, you cannot njp on reaction when the opponent's above you, especially when they're very close.

Thank you for this.

If an opponent just jumps over you time and time again with a well timed JIP, it might be very tight if not impossible to use U1, 1 or D1 to punish anything (especially against Subzero's J1 for instance). The best and most consistent way I've found is to use NJK on a read. Otherwise you can just walk slightly forward on the opposite direction of your opponent's jump and then U1, 1 and D1 will work everytime.

Darth Rambo

If an opponent just jumps over you time and time again with a well timed JIP, it might be very tight if not impossible to use U1, 1 or D1 to punish anything (especially against Subzero's J1 for instance). The best and most consistent way I've found is to use NJK on a read. Otherwise you can just walk slightly forward on the opposite direction of your opponent's jump and then U1, 1 and D1 will work everytime.
Thanks yea what ive been doing is forward dashing away lol ill try to walk and poke it sounds like a better plan thanks!