What's new

Another "What kharacter should i use" thread

Kyles

Noob
Right now my main is Sektor I rarely ever use anyone else. Anyways my problems with him is that I have to use my bar on wakeup attacks and when I dont have any and i'm in a corner i'm screwed. Also i think he has the worst sweep next to Kratos and Sektors combos starters that break block (overhead right?) are really bad compared to others.... anyways

I want.....
someone who is top tier
Someone who is similar to Sektors play style
someone who is pretty easy to learn
someone who isn't overplayed

I consider myself as a beginner to fighting games. This my first fighting game I have played online. My record is 84-38 Ranked and 302-227 player match but I like to give myself some extra credit since I never leave player matches when the person beats me I actually like losing since I think thats the only way I can get better at this game. Also 99% of my online games have been played as Sektor.

Thanks for reading get back to me!

Edit: Forgot to add that a little bit of me wants to keep playing Sektor because hopefully future patches will make him better.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Right now my main is Sektor I rarely ever use anyone else. Anyways my problems with him is that I have to use my bar on wakeup attacks and when I dont have any and i'm in a corner i'm screwed. Also i think he has the worst sweep next to Kratos and Sektors combos starters that break block (overhead right?) are really bad compared to others.... anyways

I want.....
someone who is top tier
Someone who is similar to Sektors play style
someone who is pretty easy to learn
someone who isn't overplayed

I consider myself as a beginner to fighting games. This my first fighting game I have played online. My record is 84-38 Ranked and 302-227 player match but I like to give myself some extra credit since I never leave player matches when the person beats me I actually like losing since I think thats the only way I can get better at this game. Also 99% of my online games have been played as Sektor.

Thanks for reading get back to me!
Any particular priority on that list of criteria? I think it would be impossible for a character to fulfill all of that criteria :p.

My recommendation? Try Shang Tsung: he has a similar zoning strategy to Sektor, and the only difference [that I know of] with specials are combo-starting/continuing Ground Fireballs instead of Teleport Uppercut (Soul Steal can be used in the same way as Flamethrower). Might be difficult to get the hang of him though, particularly if you plan on using Soul Steal often.

Kyles

Noob
Any particular priority on that list of criteria? I think it would be impossible for a character to fulfill all of that criteria :p.

My recommendation? Try Shang Tsung: he has a similar zoning strategy to Sektor, and the only difference [that I know of] with specials are combo-starting/continuing Ground Fireballs instead of Teleport Uppercut (Soul Steal can be used in the same way as Flamethrower). Might be difficult to get the hang of him though, particularly if you plan on using Soul Steal often.

Shang would be bad choice since i have to use Soul Steal to use him effectively and i don't know enough about other fighters.

I'm thinking about CSZ or Sindel. How easy are they too learn?

You shouldn't stick to one type of fighter. You should try to learn characters that are different than what you are used to.

theres so many good characters man. just fool around a bit with ech one and im sure you will find one that you grow acustom to. it took me like 50 matches to finally find someone i totally own with.