What's new

Strategy Another way to punish backdashes

Crathen

Death is my business
Video says it all , basically it's about delaying your medium range normals ( ala b1u2 / 323 ) to punish most of the backdashes in the game if they buffer it to come out the first frames after being in blockstun at disadvantage ( either that be your frame advantage or their frame disadvantage ) without risking a forward dash / jump right in their face.

Against some of the best backdash character like Superman , WonderWoman , Bane and Shazam this won't work as the speed they move backwards gets them out of range of DS normals , characters like Batman have specific timings to punish ( you also have to move forward a bit ) and i wouldn't use this unless you're sure you can execute it while making that read.

This applies to every character in the game but i've done it only using DS.

Crathen

Death is my business
Bane's backdash is ridiculous
From the testing i did Bane / Shazam have the most backward movement while still being fast , WoWo doesnt move as far but the animation is superfast and not punishable this way , Flash / Superman's is slightly worse than hers , i think these are the top 5 backdashes in the game , honerable mentions are Zod , BA and Batmans.

Srryimwhte

RM PTH
Video says it all , basically it's about delaying your medium range normals ( ala b1u2 / 323 ) to punish most of the backdashes in the game if they buffer it to come out the first frames after being in blockstun at disadvantage ( either that be your frame advantage or their frame disadvantage ) without risking a forward dash / jump right in their face.

Against some of the best backdash character like Superman , WonderWoman , Bane and Shazam this won't work as the speed they move backwards gets them out of range of DS normals , characters like Batman have specific timings to punish ( you also have to move forward a bit ) and i wouldn't use this unless you're sure you can execute it while making that read.

This applies to every character in the game but i've done it only using DS.

i was thinking aout this the other day good work man