What's new

AngryJoe shows off a sneak-peak of new Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter vs. Dragon Ball Z boardgame

Gamer68

Fujin!

Skip to 36:59 for the announcement!

AngryJoeShow (a YouTuber) teased a Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter vs. Dragon Ball Z boardgame a while back - and now it's official! The game seems to use cards and figures to play, and there will be more details in December. The game should also have a Kick-Starter in February.

He made the announcement at the end of his Star Wars: Battlefront review. Check it out above!

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
I really admire Joe's enthusiasm for these franchises.

When I was doing solo-RPing with the Traveler system, I did some digging on different kinds of tabletop games. Some fighting and martial-arts themed RPGs would have players make up attacks (or have pre-written attacks) used in play via game cards. You'd have a card for, say, Sub-Zero's Ice Ball for example.

Looking at the little setup Joe had at the end of the video, I am very, very excited for the game to come out. Maybe I can even get my friends into it because this is a combination of genres and game types that I really enjoy. I wonder how many cards or figurines initially come with it? Will there be deck building? I can just imagine going Christmas shopping and walking out of a department store with this gigantic box of all my favorite childhood memories.

Gamer68

Fujin!
I really admire Joe's enthusiasm for these franchises.

When I was doing solo-RPing with the Traveler system, I did some digging on different kinds of tabletop games. Some fighting and martial-arts themed RPGs would have players make up attacks (or have pre-written attacks) used in play via game cards. You'd have a card for, say, Sub-Zero's Ice Ball for example.

Looking at the little setup Joe had at the end of the video, I am very, very excited for the game to come out. Maybe I can even get my friends into it because this is a combination of genres and game types that I really enjoy. I wonder how many cards or figurines initially come with it? Will there be deck building? I can just imagine going Christmas shopping and walking out of a department store with this gigantic box of all my favorite childhood memories.
I'm not sure, but I actually kinda hope there's deck building. I just think it would be cool to see packs of characters get released over time, and you can get the ones you want and skip the ones you don't want.