What's new

Angolan MK Myths Legends and the biggest lies about the game

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Just like you guys, when internet wasn't constantly in our lives, some guys came up with the biggests lies about the MK game, in MK1 and MK2 nothing really happened aside from the imortality code from the Sega Genesis, that can be acessed through the options and the Shang Tsung Kintaro's morph fatality, which are true, now brace yourselves.

MK3 (Sega Genesis)

Liu Kang, and Kabal Air running, air blocking and more
As you know, In MK the Ai is allowed to break the rules of the game even in MKX, in the MK3 days, if you jumped at Kabal or Liu Kang as Ai, they would jump and block your attacks, there would also moments the Ai would run after jump, Liu could even perform Bicycle Kick while airborne, and Kabal his Nomad Dash (tornado spin back then)

Given the History of well hidden secrets mk gained through MK1 and MK2, it rolled an urban legend that there was actually a secret command that allowed you to do this

UMK3 (Sega Genesis)

Rain and Noob Saibot Stage Fatality
Although later on i've came to investigate and knowing that the stage fatality execution code was never included in the game despites the AI being able to perform stage fatalities with said characters some dudes have earned a few small changes selling false codes about Noob Saibot's and Rain's Stage fatalities

Noob Saibot Car Fatality (Amazing lie turned into legend)
This is by far the biggest Lie and the biggest Urban Legend Angola has ever faced with UMK3, there were rumors on a large scale like i've never seen before saying that Noob Saibot had a fatality where he would teleport out of the stage and soon enough he would perform a roadkill driving a black car hitting the character in the finish him state. I've never seen this fatality in my whole life, never, not even once, but the ammount of ppl who claimed to see this Fatality is beyond me, there are even some saying a few top players in the time did it, i'm friend of all of them including the one they said they aw it doing it, but i've already asked him and he said he never did such thing lol, this one deserves a medal.

Unmasked Sub-Zero Pop up combo
If you mash bfbf at the same time your mashing Hp+LP Unmasked sub would use his LP combo animation and the shadow of his hand would launch the opponent air bone for a juggle (we called "Cobrinha" in our time, which is a diminuitive of snake, same way you guys call Johnny to John.) never pulled that of

Unlock Raiden (Hahahaha, i still laugh as hard as hell at this lie)
After you input the killer code, go to the killer code option, highlight "quick fatalities" and input the following code: Hold (A) F,F,B,D,D,U,D,F,B,F,F,B,D,D,U,D,A
In the options to make either Shao Kahn or Motaro playable, would be a third option to enable Raiden Instead.

Vs Screen Code (Special moves Disabled)
122 - 221 (Isn't that Skunky E.F?) Legend said it would turn off special moves, well it never work, btw what Skunky E.F Means? this is one of my childhood questions until now, it took me a while to accept is just a message code.

The lost world (Classic Sub-Zero Stage) Special Stage fatality
It was said that sometimes the game would accept you to perform the Pit fatality on this stage, legend says the opponent would get uppercuted right into the portal (lel)

Nightwolf Red Axe and Red Arrow without combo conditions
yeah, it happened, some ppl were looking for codes to do it (lol)

Shang Tsung Morph that enables unlimited fatality time, while at it, Shang can Clone into himself and fill the screen with every character in the game. (Silver Medal)

Conditions:
-You had Pick Kabal and perform his Animality
- Once the Kabal head Pops off, hold down and press A to morph the head into Shang Tsung instead of Kano
- Each time you morth into any character, a new shang Tsung would appear.

Funny thing, i saw ppl trying to make this happen.

Kabal Multi spin
Since it was discovered that you could input a special move at the same time with other move and break the execution limit for a special move to come out like ice ball not coming after 2 hits, some said if you perform Kabal Spin and perform it again at the exact frame it hits the opponent he would do the spin again in reverse and count it has a 2 hit combo with 0% damage just like the AI.

Same was said about the Ninjas teleports.

MK Trilogy

Start a Brutality without the initial HP that triggers the brutality state
Since the AI could do it, it rolled a rumor that could be done, it ended up being a lie

Cyrax best juggle combo ever in any MK3 or MKT version:
Throw, into aaHP,aaHP, JK Teleport(air) Air Throw

In order for this combo to work, you had to time your JK~tp very well in order to buy cyrax time to appear in the ground first in time to input command air grab and throw the juggled opponent into the ground.

Never landed the last part of the combo in any version of UMK3 or Trilogy

Now we have internet, nothing stays truly hidden anymore.