What's new

An R Key5993

Hello everyone on Test Your Might forums, An R Key5993 here! I've been reading posts on this forum for a few weeks now and decided since, I am a competitive Mortal Kombat player, to get an account here. A little about me and my Mortal Kombat characteristics, I have been playing Mortal Kombat for a long long time now, it is one of the first games I remember playing (Sonic was before MK but I remember my moms friend played MK 2 with me when I was about 4 and could do Liu Kang's Dragon fatality and it amazed me). My first serious MK game was MK 3 where I mained Shang Tsung and played every hour of every day for about 2 years. I never purchased MK 4 and I've never actually owned it (although at this time in my life I had the original trilogy PLUS MK Trilogy, where I mained Johnny Cage), but I have played it and mained in Kai. Nearly as soon as Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance came out I bought it for my Gamecube and at the time loved it, I mained Shang Tsung since I had fond memories of him and they made him one of the big points of that games story. During this time in my life MK was everything, it influenced nearly everything I did and led me to start dipping into the non-chronological games (MK Shaolin Monks to be exact). At this time I had bought the special edition of Mortal Kombat Deception (the best MK 3D game ever) and mained in Scorpion and Jade (to try out some new mains). With all of this MK craze I started seriously playing MK 1 and 2 again since it came with MKD and MKSM, in these I mained in my old favorites Johnny Cage (MK 1) and Liu Kang (MK 2). Nothing could stop me from loving Mortal Kombat, or so I thought, but then MK Armageddon came out and I lost it. At the surface it sounded amazing but, I mean EVERY character including some glitch characters with their own movesets, HOW could that go wrong? Well without exclusive fatalities and a seemingly rushed fighting system with not much depth this game seemed to kill my MK craze. I mained in Scorpion for what little MKA I did play and tried out my other favorites but it just seemed a waste of time to train in this game, it did however open me up to MK3U where I played my old Shang Tsung and tried out Kitana. Some years passed and I would play my old MK games but started branching out to other fighters (notably DOA 4) and then MK vs DCU came out, and I thought I'd die of excitement. Yet again, however, I seemed to be somewhat disappointed, although exclusive character related fatalities were back and the fighting system seemed to be better then MKA the advance combos seemed WAY to hard to execute and seemingly random to actually occur correctly. So when I heard of Mortal Kombat revamping its system I started to hesitate and not build the game up to much but then I saw the gameplay videos and heard Ed Boon talk about the game. It looked and sounded phenomenal and looked like one of the best MK's ever if not one of the best fighters ever. I decided to pre-order the game through Amazon and get the Kollector's Edition (Amazon because I wanted Reptile's klassic since I've never enjoyed his Reptilian style look). First time I ever played it I seriously teared up with happiness, it was amazing! Everything about this game seems to be just fantastic including great combos, great cast (almost a Trilogy cast notably without Rain), great fatalities, mysteries again, this game has everything that made MK a great franchise.

So that is how I came to play this great game, now to tell a little about my playstyle and what I hope to accomplish on this forum. I don't really MAIN in this game necessarily but instead am trying to master every character. I play at least every day and am currently on summer vacation waiting for college to start back up so I have really nothing that much to do besides personal matters. I play on my XBox 360 and my Gamertag is An R Key5993 so add me if you want a good fight, I play 1v1, 2v2, and KOTH, so really everything. I hope to give valuable information to this forum, and receive it.

Sorry about the long read but I'm kinda excited about joining a Mortal Kombat community and hope to have many good posts in the future. Also I'd like to ask if anyone knows of any Tennessee tournament scenes for this game. Thanks for reading and I hope you read it all.

BookBurning

Voidwards
Hey we always welcome enthusiasm man. But just a little word of advice, which you can take or totally disregard.

I don't think it's a good idea to attempt to master every character because more than likely you'll clutter your brain, and even though you may and will get to the point where you have a grasp for every character, you'll be missing a sort of X factor with any of them that allows you to be an actual great competitive player. You may know all their combos but in the heat of battle you won't have the muscle memory to retain information to perform a split second decision as you would if you mastered 1 or 2 characters. Sure you may do it sometimes, but not consistently.

However if you play just for fun, which in my opinion is okay too, then by all means play every character and just have a good time; and welcome to the site man.

That has to be the biggest paragraph I've seen in my life though haha. Goodluck.

Haha yeah it is pretty long sorry about that XD just excited and want people to know my MK background. So yeah I do understand that but SO FAR I have not really been tested by anyone on XBL (I guess people are waiting for the patch to get serious with it, maybe). So if I started doing some serious battles I might have to main someone but with the XBL community as of now I can pretty much comfortably win with about 6 characters. I'm also very excited to post on here because it seems these people take the game very seriously and I'm excited to learn the depth of some of the characters.

I was wondering, for anyone reading, it says that advertisement is against the rules, but what about showing up a player made youtube video? Does it just mean profit advertisement or could I not advertise my youtube on here?