What's new

Question An Idea to revitalize the MK competetive scene

Cool_Prizes

Angry Joshua
So, I was reading through the comments and commenting myself on the last thread about bring the MK scene back to life....

I came up with the Idea for player to play Tag mode.
Tag mode (when played to its fullest) makes players utilize their meter differently and more strategically.
I feel tag mode with 2 round take WAAY too long, so why not cut it to 1 round (seeing as you have 2 health bars)

But we all know that the game has some really broken/unfair matchups. So i made a Ratio list very similar to the one Filipino Champ made for UMVC3. Now while making this list I was only thinking of how good characters are in 1v1. So this list is completely subject to change.

Tell me what you guys think. And do you think my idea for Competetive Tag mode could possibly revitalize the competetive scene.

(Updated)

Last edited:

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
i would like to know what you rated this on btw because if this is by how broken one character might be in tag mode then you have scorpion and Noob too low. if you play those to together they have one of the easier infinites in the game.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
i would like to know what you rated this on btw because if this is by how broken one character might be in tag mode then you have scorpion and Noob too low. if you play those to together they have one of the easier infinites in the game.
You beat me to it :p ex hellfire ftw.

Cool_Prizes

Angry Joshua
Yeah....I based the number off a tier list M2Dave did....Its completely subject to change see as some assists are extremely good

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
I don't know if it would revitalise it but I'd love to see this as a tournament.

I really like the idea, but I think it would need some changes, as Zyphox said you would really need to consider how tag assists work in the game, with only having one round some of the combos that certain teams would be able to pull off would be practically game ending.

Love how Kano and Sheeva have only 1 point btw :D

Cool_Prizes

Angry Joshua
I don't know if it would revitalise it but I'd love to see this as a tournament.

I really like the idea, but I think it would need some changes, as Zyphox said you would really need to consider how tag assists work in the game, with only having one round some of the combos that certain teams would be able to pull off would be practically game ending.

Love how Kano and Sheeva have only 1 point btw :D
Thats true....
The main thing I thought would give this a spark was how players would utilize their meter. Yes there are broken combos that cost meter... But unless you killed the first character without using any meter, you still have to worry about the incoming character. And you also have to worry about Breaker too.

Crathen

Death is my business
Lol Noob + Kabal had an easy infinite meterless, I imagine more characters have something similar.

Deal w it tag mode is broke and if someone wants to play it go for the broke stuff.

KRYS9984

Noob
Johnny Cage + Scorpion is OP as well.

If Cage is pressuring you (which he eventually will) he has access to free hellfire tag assists which leads to a charged B2 for additional damage / nut punch reset. Lather, rinse, repeat until you breaker or die.

Last edited:

Cool_Prizes

Angry Joshua
Lol Noob + Kabal had an easy infinite meterless, I imagine more characters have something similar.

Deal w it tag mode is broke and if someone wants to play it go for the broke stuff.
yeah...just looked that up...
May change Kabal from 7 to 8

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
You see though your point system is a good thought even for 1 on 1 matches. Its simple, if a player A chooses a 4 pt character then player B has the option of picking a character that is worth 1 to 4 points, but cannot go any higher than that. It would force character diversity on the stream and allow the low tier mains the ability to compete. Tag mode I'm on the fence with, but what would be enjoyable to do with that mode is the coop tag mode with 4 players. This would create even more strategy, because no longer is the player reliant on their own skill, but they now are reliant on their partner's skill and no these two players have work in unison to actually accomplish things. It all be about good old fashion teamwork.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
The infinite would need a rule. Duh.

You don't think we'd all cry foul the first time Noob and Scorpion did a tag infinite to win?

two reps? One Rep?

Tag mode hype.

Cool_Prizes

Angry Joshua
Reading whap people were saying about Scoprion and Noob (who has a true infinite reset with Kabal) I did asmall update.
Guys please let me know if there is any other broken stuff I'm missing.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
I never really got what Ratio was during Capcom Vs SNK 1&2 eventhough I have the game I didnt understnd it too much. Was it because that other characters can take more health than other characters?

Cool_Prizes

Angry Joshua
You see though your point system is a good thought even for 1 on 1 matches. Its simple, if a player A chooses a 4 pt character then player B has the option of picking a character that is worth 1 to 4 points, but cannot go any higher than that. It would force character diversity on the stream and allow the low tier mains the ability to compete. Tag mode I'm on the fence with, but what would be enjoyable to do with that mode is the coop tag mode with 4 players. This would create even more strategy, because no longer is the player reliant on their own skill, but they now are reliant on their partner's skill and no these two players have work in unison to actually accomplish things. It all be about good old fashion teamwork.
Idk about that....IMO Co-op wasn't that entertaining in SFxT (granted that game is not the best)

Raph

Noob
So, I was reading through the comments and commenting myself on the last thread about bring the MK scene back to life....

I came up with the Idea for player to play Tag mode.
Tag mode (when played to its fullest) makes players utilize their meter differently and more strategically.
I feel tag mode with 2 round take WAAY too long, so why not cut it to 1 round (seeing as you have 2 health bars)

But we all know that the game has some really broken/unfair matchups. So i made a Ratio list very similar to the one Filipino Champ made for UMVC3. Now while making this list I was only thinking of how good characters are in 1v1. So this list is completely subject to change.

Tell me what you guys think. And do you think my idea for Competetive Tag mode could possibly revitalize the competetive scene.

(Updated)
What exactly happened to the last thread? It seems it got completely wiped from these forums before I could get the answer to my question. I can't find it at all.