Tech Ambiguous trait on wakeup?

LEGEND

YES!
in training mode:
-knockdown with d3 just to setup
-forward jump over on their wakeup
-time trait shot for ambiguous crossup/fake crossup

does this work?
i've wondered this as well. if it does the you could also trait shot while you are jumping and Ji1 for a near unblockable double cross-up

i just don't know how to test this vs the cpu

Trait shot isn't an overhead is it? Wouldn't people be able to block it regardless of what side you're on? Down is crouch block in this game. So long as they're pressing down and not down back, it should just be able to block this.

Swoops

Noob
It works, and it's very tricky. Just record the CPU to do your set up, then try to block it. I usually do the set up as a reset after shackles, j2 in place of the overhead reset.

But yea down is universal crouch block, so it takes away a lot of cross up shenanegins like Ares' teleport into d1 xx sword. In this case though, the ji1/3 is an overhead that they have to stand block. You might be able to block the trait low then stand for the ji3 to make it easier, but then the sinestro can just start mixing in overhead b2.

Brahma

Noob
You can also alter the timing of the trait and j3 so that j3 hits first, connecting on people holding D. You can also throw terror axe in to change up timing too.

SLy

Noob
Yeah it works. I have a friend that uses this on me constantly.

The trick is that when you block it you want to pay attention to what side sinestro is on. A lot of people like to do premeditated blocks and anticapate the crossover. That's how you get tricked and block the wrong way. Its a crossover frame trap..very useful gimmick if that's what you want to spend a laser on.