What's new

Am I A Bad Person?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
So...good ol' Raiden.
He was my #2 for most of the summer until I picked up Sub.
But I dropped him because...well, I felt kinda dirty playing him.
It's been about a good 4 months and change since the Thunder God and I have spoken.
But the unholy aggrivation that is digging through the underworld fields of Online and finding next-to-nothing but pain has put a thought in my head.
Perhaps it's time I end my silence with said Thunder God and beat these assholes at their own game.

I have no problem losing to skill. None.
I'll get my ass kicked by a pro all day, with a smile, because I know it'll help me in the long run.
But when I'm literally watching myself lose to non-existant-offline garbage, something needs to be done. And I think Raiden is a very, very good answer. Plus, I need an excuse to pick him back up.

Does this make me a bad guy?

Raiden's teleport is hard to deal with online without a good connection. That said, Raiden players will have the worst time trying to land his GOOD combos. Anti-airing also doesn't exist, you can try to teleport cross ups but do it at the wrong time and you'll teleport in front of them.

Online just sucks for every character. I play JC and there are times where people can jump out of my frame traps. I also can't AA half the time which is saying a lot for JC. I would stick with SZ personally, I find him to be the lag friendliest character.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Tier whoring for online play doesnt make you bad. Thats pretty much what everyone else does. If you are getting beat by cheap tactics use cheap tactics, once you go online that honor code thats usually there for offline play goes right out the window. All's fair in love and war, you know?

Also, i would recommend Liu Kang if you are really looking to squash noobs. Bad players cant block low for shit, combos are so easy you are virtually unaffected by lag, and noobs rage hard at your looping ABC troll combos.

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
I'm all for doing whatever it takes to get the W, but there's something to be said for pride too.
I wouldn't sell out to any character that made me feel dirty.
Cyrax has enough shenanigans at his disposal to do what you want to accomplish w Raiden.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Raiden's teleport is hard to deal with online without a good connection. That said, Raiden players will have the worst time trying to land his GOOD combos. Anti-airing also doesn't exist, you can try to teleport cross ups but do it at the wrong time and you'll teleport in front of them.

Online just sucks for every character. I play JC and there are times where people can jump out of my frame traps. I also can't AA half the time which is saying a lot for JC. I would stick with SZ personally, I find him to be the lag friendliest character.
He is! :D. That's most of the reason why I managed to get decent with him; he's probably the only person I play who's as consistent online as he is off. But I think re-investing in Thunder will be more of a two-ended project; one part so I can refamiliarize myself and put him back in rotation, and two part solely for the purpose of annoying the shit out of trolls.
Not my pals or my partners, you all would be the types I seek out for matchups pointers; I mean those blatantly trollish fistfuls of assholes who do nothing but fish for bullshit, and no normal technique will keep them from bringing home the catch.
For them, I offer Raiden, in all his dirt-riddled glory. Sorry, pride, but these people must die.

When people are uppercutting out of Rune Traps and anti-air, as you said, is pretty much impossible, Boxy has a problem.
Or perhaps it's a fever...and the only cure is more Thunder.

Cyrax has enough shenanigans at his disposal to do what you want to accomplish w Raiden.
In the real world, you'd be absolutely right, brother. But Cyrax's tricks tend to drop entirely too much for me online. My favorite Cyblax bomb juggle - EX Bomb + Mid, 2 1 Close, back JK Telepooof - works maybe 1 outta 5 times. Never misses offline.

Also, i would recommend Liu Kang if you are really looking to squash noobs. Bad players cant block low for shit, combos are so easy you are virtually unaffected by lag, and noobs rage hard at your looping ABC troll combos.
Blue Costume #2 :D. Liu's another one I used to play that I haven't in ages.

Thanks for making me feel better, gents. Now I don't feel nearly as dirty :).

Evil Raiden, here I come...

Unreal6S

XBL: Unreal6S
I've heard so many people talk about how Raiden is unfair when lag is involved, but I main Raiden, and lag is as terrible for me as it is for everyone else. Raiden's strings are some of the slowest in the game, and lag makes landing them much more difficult and there are so many problems when trying to teleport in lag. But honestly, Sub, Cyrax and Quan Chi have ALL the tools you need to take anyone down as long as you pick the right one for the right fight IMO

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Raiden suffers just as much from lag as everyone else does. The noobs who think teleport and superman are all there is to the Thunder God clearly haven't done their homework.

That said, if he will prove to be an effective answer against whatever is giving you trouble, who cares if that is playing dirty? Pick him up and go for it! I personally use Raiden as a secondary and I don't feel dirty using him, in fact I find it an accomplishment that I can manage well with him. His tools are fairly limited and he's not an easy character to learn.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
The only reason i use Raiden is because hes fun to play as :p
And i dont feel dirty or cheap when using him. My Teles (when predictable) are punished with d1s into pressure.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
You guys are the best.

If I do seriously pursue Thunder, it'll definitely be a legit pursuit. I'm looking for a new weapon.
I used to play Raiden religiously, but that was before I was really any good, so I'm hoping the improvements I've made in my play will reflect in his Hat. Aside from dealing with the muck of PSN, he's one of those guys I WANT to be good with.

Espio

Kokomo
I was just going to suggest play who you want and if at all possible, avoid flowchart players like the plague.

I will never understand the way some people approach this game, even when I was really bad and got destroyed by everyone, I still tried to learn different moves and characters, most people just want to do the most lame ineffective nonsense online or rely on lag strats, very disappointing.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I was just going to suggest play who you want and if at all possible, avoid flowchart players like the plague.

I will never understand the way some people approach this game, even when I was really bad and got destroyed by everyone, I still tried to learn different moves and characters, most people just want to do the most lame ineffective nonsense online or rely on lag strats, very disappointing.
EXACTLY. Who the hell gets off on just repeating themselves for a thousand goddamn games???
You've got 32 fucking people, all chock full of murderous means to destroy everything, and your gameplan consists entirely of 111 Spear, JK Superman, and more Elbow Dashes than Randy Savage running away from a dinosaur.

Espio

Kokomo
EXACTLY. Who the hell gets off on just repeating themselves for a thousand goddamn games???
You've got 32 fucking people, all chock full of murderous means to destroy everything, and your gameplan consists entirely of 111 Spear, JK Superman, and more Elbow Dashes than Randy Savage running away from a dinosaur.
LOL @ Randy Savage running from a dinosaur I love it.

When nobody's on to play with, I play expert ladder to be honest, the A.I. is more challenging and less annoying sadly + you get to fight a diverse cast and you can practice anti-air stuff etc. in a non-laggy/annoying environemnt

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
I picked up raiden about 2 weeks ago and put him in my rotation. If I feel I don't know the match I use him and see how the match goes from there. If the match goes bad I try and counter act my pick and use one of my other mains and see if that does any better for me. If I lose than I was beaten by skill (or cheap online BS) if I win than so be it. It mostly is to see how the other persons play style is and take note on how they use their character

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
LOL @ Randy Savage running from a dinosaur I love it.

When nobody's on to play with, I play expert ladder to be honest, the A.I. is more challenging and less annoying sadly + you get to fight a diverse cast and you can practice anti-air stuff etc. in a non-laggy/annoying environemnt
You and me both. I used to HATE the AI in this game, but the deeper you get into it, the more you learn to appreciate the little things it does right. Granted, it can't play back as strong or as complex as a human, but it does the job when you need to learn the ropes of a new character/matchup.

NKZero

Noob
Nothing wrong with playing the best character in the game :p. Haha but seriously he's really fun to play with. If only the teleport can be used as more of an offensive tool rather than escaping tool. Imagine the mind-fuck after B312-EX teleport opponent tries to hit you from the other side and you punish. Unfortunately his teleport wasn't designed for those purposes but it's still the best move in the game IMO...

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Boxy just play the character you want to win with. Play to win, who cares what scrubs bitch about.

You know how many people freak out about my running and zoning with sindel. I don't give a fuck!

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk