What's new

Tech - Cyrax Alternative HTB setup

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
People have been catching on to blocking the B3D4 HTB corner setup. I still use that because it still trips up a lot of people, but I'm also doing the following as well using B1,2+4 for OH,OH/low bomb. Check it out...

Costs 1-bar but totally worth it for this damage, but it puts them back in the corner for another HTB setup. In case you don't have a bar available, you can wake-up throw instead. Those are really your only options as far as I can tell.

As seen above, you can also go for an armor breaking setup. I tested this and it is only unsafe against Reptile's ex-slippery slide wake-up and other armored wake-ups that get your opponent in the air.

Safeties disabled. Kombat mode engaged.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
good stuff i was actually looking for something that would combo from b1 (bomb) 2+4 , dont know how i didnt think of ex saw :)

John the Savage

"Safeties disabled, combat mode engaged."
I kinda just rotate around. I start with b3d4 and once they catch on I will just start doing b1 . I switch between the two until they learn that when I delay im gonna do b1 and I start switching in b3.

They think they are so smart that they realized that since I didn't do b3d4 immediately after putting my bomb down that I'm gonna go overhead, which makes it all the more funny when I do b3 instead.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
I am a huge fan of your Cyrax girl. I copied so many of your set up. One thing i don't see you use. When you catch someone with grounded net, you can reset them with close bomb, 21 then B1(reset) for mid screen and close bomb,3 then B1(reset) in the corner. If timed right becomes close to unblockable. What do you think. Why people don't use it more often?