What's new

Tech - Sub-Zero all variations | b2 midscreen stuff

Hey,

I am new to testyourmight and to NRS games. MKX is my first MK. Enough about me.
(I hope this is the right forum for this tho)

It's kind of bothering me that I see most Sub-Zeros go for only the slide after b2 midscreen.
Outside of max range b2 (which as far as my testing indicates only allows the slide) there are more and better options available.

I couldn't find anything on it but if the tech is out there already sorry :)

Meterless:

close b2 > run > 1,2,3 xx slide
just under max range (or closer) b2 > run > f4,2,1+3 instead of the 1+3 finish slide might work too (?)

Metered:

close b2 > run > 1,2 xx EX ice ball > whatever
just under max range (or closer) b2 > run > f4,2 xx ex ice ball > whatever

It boils down to:
instead of b2 > slide go for b2 > run > f4,2 > stuff

Hope that helps / opens up some other thoughts.
I kind of feel there is a lot possible with run that ppl aren't using yet, not only SB specific.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Highest midscreen (NO METER K THX QUARK) for b2 as of now is B2, EXSlide.

B2, run~f42~Slide is very reliable as well.

Wondering if Clone, B2, then EXSlide will launch them into the clone?

Last edited:
Tried it. Seems the Ice Clone breaks down too fast. No matter what I tried, the opponent reaches the clone just after it breaks down.

sIllverback

Lin Kuei Grandmaster
Wondering if Clone, B2, then EXSlide will launch them into the clone?
All just depends on clone distance I believe. I haven't tested it yet, but I assume it doesn't work from close up. Anywhere outside sweep should be golden to short of full screen.

Clone -> B2~EXSlide, njp, jip, run~F421+3?

sIllverback

Lin Kuei Grandmaster
Tried it. Seems the Ice Clone breaks down too fast.
All just depends on clone distance I believe. I haven't tested it yet, but I assume it doesn't work from close up. Anywhere outside sweep should be golden to short of full screen.

Clone -> B2~EXSlide, njp, jip, run~F421+3?
Disregard what I said then. :confused:

Edit: I just flipped on my PS4 for the hell of it, to test it. It works. Cancel into clone after a string that pushes back a decent distance (B12 ends too close), then EXSlide. They land in the clone. Do the combo I posted above. Ez Pz.

Edit 2: After further testing (15 seconds), no string pushes back far enough. It's more useful during neutral if you put out a clone and slide as a hard read to your opponent's thing. Not useful during pressure.

Last edited:
I see you're doing it on standing in neutral opponent. I tried it on crouching with block ( the onli valid target since who uses b2 on standing opponent) and it looks like the body isn't launched as high as while standing. I tried it many times on standing and crouching AI. Can do it every time on standing can't do it even once on crouching. Test yourself and let me know. If your combos work only on standing in neutral opponent then their use is extremely situational and limited.

What is going on in this thread?

"Highest midscreen meterless for b2 as of now is B2, EXSlide."

^
What is this? Is this person saying his highest combo starting with B2mid screen is B2 slide, for 16%? And I thought EX meant enhanced yet it says meterless. Am I confused, or is this person being a goof and everyone is ignoring it?