What's new

All my rage. A xbox players angst.

myth

Noob
If their is a similar thread i am sorry but i need to rage a bit.

As a xbox player i am stuck with the horrible d-pad wheel Microsoft puts on their controllers, unless i want to buy something better After barely losing a rank'd match online because of my controller i rage'd and smashed my only passable controller. The shoty wheel inputs extra directions by its nature and it fuck'd me over for the last time!

-what are my best options as a xbox player regarding controllers for MK9?
-Has anyone experienced similar moments in MK?

Tim Static

Adminerator

As a xbox player i am stuck with the horrible d-pad wheel Microsoft puts on their controllers, unless i want to buy something better After barely losing a rank'd match online because of my controller i rage'd and smashed my only passable controller. The shoty wheel inputs extra directions by its nature and it fuck'd me over for the last time!

When it comes to controllers and sticks, its all preference. Some like the Xbox controller, some dont. Some dont like the PS3 pad, only the PS2 pad.

With that being said, i direct you to this thread: http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?6418-PS2-to-360-Converter-by-eTokki

Now you would probably want to get a new Xbox 360 controller for other XBL stuff, but for fighting games, get a PS2 Dual Shock and that converter in the link above and you can use the PS2 pad on your Xbox 360. The converter is absolutely flawless and i HIGHLY recommend it to everyone.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
If you aren't an arcade stick fan and don't want to go the ps3/2 pad route, the madcatz fightpad is a pretty good option (the one with the WWE artwork on the pad). I've been using one since the summer, and it works great. The d-pad is basically a slightly larger xbox d-pad but allows for far more accurate inputs. I'm not sure if Gamestops still have them, but you should be able to find one online.

Tim Static

Adminerator
If you aren't an arcade stick fan and don't want to go the ps3/2 pad route, the madcatz fightpad is a pretty good option (the one with the WWE artwork on the pad). I've been using one since the summer, and it works great. The d-pad is basically a slightly larger xbox d-pad but allows for far more accurate inputs. I'm not sure if Gamestops still have them, but you should be able to find one online.
yup its like a six button Sega controller on steroids. haha

When it comes to controllers and sticks, its all preference. Some like the Xbox controller, some dont. Some dont like the PS3 pad, only the PS2 pad.

With that being said, i direct you to this thread: http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?6418-PS2-to-360-Converter-by-eTokki

Now you would probably want to get a new Xbox 360 controller for other XBL stuff, but for fighting games, get a PS2 Dual Shock and that converter in the link above and you can use the PS2 pad on your Xbox 360. The converter is absolutely flawless and i HIGHLY recommend it to everyone.
Quick question but why do people prefer the ps2 vs ps3 pad?

myth

Noob
not sure about the fighting stick. They seem expensive and i would have to learn how to relearn how to play.

Are they superior to the ps2 controller?

Becasue a converter kit sounds like the trick.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
get the MW one with the rotating dpad. friggen awesome. just make sure you buy the warranty cuz im told they break alot

I would prefer a street fighter style fight stick instead of mortal kombat, to me, those are strictly for MK1-3.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
the microsoft dpad is not THAT bad. Certain characters aren't played well on it... mainly any instant air projectile is fairly difficult to pull off consistently.

But seriously, throwing the controller on the ground and breaking it .... SO 10 years ago!!!

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly

Madcatz fightpad. It's perfect in every way apart from the build quality, they're pretty fragile. They take about a day to get used to and you'll start noticing cleaner gameplay as soon as you are adapted to it. Fairly cheap too.

Also I made a thread like this a month back when my last fightpad broke, I feel your pain.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
PS2 pad too here. Compared to PS3 the triggers have less travel, the buttons are slightly more raised and the d-pad feels stiffer, though that may just be wear and tear still.

I didn't know PS3 pads were banned at Evo. I guess that's in case people forget to turn them off?

As others have said, a good solution is a PS2 pad with the two convertors for multi platform ease.

http://etokki.com/iNPiN-PS2-to-PS3-Converter for PS3

http://etokki.com/Xbox360/Xtokki360 for 360

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I just bought a converter from a store near where i live, and it didnt work cross console. However using the original Ps1 pad with my ps3 is forever pleasing, its definitely an upgrade from the bouncy triggers and the surprisingly heavy handset. The ps1 has really nice R2 (block) trigger, and is so small and light that i cant really see myself using anything else.

Do the Etokki 360 converters handle ps1 pads? And do they deliver to the UK without a hideous charge? Any help is appreciated, and even better so if anyone knows a place that sells NES converters PLEASE let me know *drool*

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Do the Etokki 360 converters handle ps1 pads? And do they deliver to the UK without a hideous charge? Any help is appreciated, and even better so if anyone knows a place that sells NES converters PLEASE let me know *drool*
According to the website it does.

Xtokki 360 allows you to directly connect your PS or PS2 controller to XBOX360, enabling you to play XBOX360 games with your favorite PS/PS2 controllers without the need of a wired XBOX360 controller for bypass.

It's perfect for using your standard PS/PS2 controllers, fight sticks, and steering wheels on your XBOX360!

I've just paid £18 for the PS3 one including shipping so it's not too bad.

:)

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Excellent, thanks buddy!

Will pick this up later today after i check if i have money left on my card :D You coming to france btw ben?

ChuckFiasco

"I'm the 12th best Sub-Zero player in the world."

I like it when people rage...

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
there is seriously nothing wrong with the xbox d-pad, some people just dont like it, that doesnt mean it's crap, i cant play shooters with a keyboard and mouse, but that doesnt automatically mean that using a keyboard blows.

i reccomend the fightpad omega posted, ketchup used to use one for AE and he seemed very happy with it.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
i had one of these a good few months back,hated it,it felt mushy just like the xbox d-pad and it was very overpriced.as for the op,they sell a converter cable on amazon uk for about 3 quid which lets you use a ps2 pad on xbox.it works like a absolute dream,loving playing mk on a pad where you can actually move where you want to!