What's new

Tech All blockstring to Czarnian Toss traps

learis1

Guardian Cadet
It's been previously mentioned that for certain normals and strings that are blocked, Lobo can cancel into his czar toss and it will connect right as the opponent leaves blockstun. This can be very hard for the opponent to react to and escape from. This only works on normals and strings that allow the opponent to leave blockstun in time, otherwise it will whiff if they're still in blockstun.

I thought I'd just list every normal and string where this works. Let me know if I've missed any.

-----------------------------------------------------
1 **Works on hit or block
d 1
d 2 *safe option
21 *Nice long range choice
b 2 u 1

----------------------------------------------------

Keep in mind, if your attack hits instead of being blocked then the throw will whiff and you are either open for punishment or have missed out on potential dmg. The opponent can also interrupt many if not all of these attempts with a quick attack if they time and predict it right (or if they're lucky and just mashing).

*d2 seems like the safest option for doing this. If the d2 hits you have enough time to safely recover from the throw whiff since it knocks the opponent up.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Don't know Xbox notation but the only one I would use is 2,1 Czar and even that is not 100 safe can be interrupted by any 8 frame move, when Shazam 22 Cmd throw as far as I know can't be interrupted

What makes Lobo 2.1 Czar block string good is can be connected from quite a decent range, and if your close it can be hit confirmed into bd 3 which is nice

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Don't know Xbox notation but the only one I would use is 2,1 Czar and even that is not 100 safe can be interrupted by any 8 frame move, when Shazam 22 Cmd throw as far as I know can't be interrupted

What makes Lobo 2.1 Czar block string good is can be connected from quite a decent range, and if your close it can be hit confirmed into bd 3 which is nice
shazams 22~command grab can be interupted,
you can armor the gap in 22, backdash or even just do a special and both high/low throws will whiff (that might change char to char but i know KF can parry/slide to make both whiff)

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
shazams 22~command grab can be interupted,
you can armor the gap in 22, backdash or even just do a special and both high/low throws will whiff (that might change char to char but i know KF can parry/slide to make both whiff)
Rally? I know you could back dash out of it, but never knew you cold armour it, you need to have some quick reflex to that, yeah KF seems to punish a lot of shit that doesn't look punishable, isn't her parry start up like 1 frame or something haha

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Rally? I know you could back dash out of it, but never knew you cold armour it, you need to have some quick reflex to that, yeah KF seems to punish a lot of shit that doesn't look punishable, isn't her parry start up like 1 frame or something haha
2 frames,dont think its cause of the speed of it why it works cause slide works aswell,havnt tested it with others really.
grundy just WCs through that shit without a care.