What's new

Tech - Cryomancer Air hammer quick stand reset

G11OST

Noob
Will cause opponent to stand instantly, not sure if has any practicality but here it is.

The ji4 needs to hit ankles kind of, weird timing

Seems to be -2 credit to @Doombawkz

Last edited:

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Will cause opponent to stand instantly, not sure if has any practicality but here's the notation to make it happen.

B33 ex-hammer njp ji4 airhammer

The ji4 needs to be done quickly
Fancy. Works wonders as a trap to catch people sleeping, since they stand right into a buffered command grab.

Still gotta be mindful that people who see it coming can still delay wake-up I think

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
@G11OST

I gave you credit in the description, this is what you mean right? You can use the video in your main post.

I also did the luxury of testing the frame advantage on it. Looks like it's about -2 or so.
So this could definitely catch someone who isn't expecting it off guard for a reset.

Last edited:

G11OST

Noob
@G11OST

I gave you credit in the description, this is what you mean right? You can use the video in your main post.

I also did the luxury of testing the frame advantage on it. Looks like it's about -2 or so.
Yea, don't see it being pratical was just labbing and came across it, may have its uses but at the moment I'm not seeing them

Lokheit

Noob
Subzero has resets into command grabs?

But Kitana is the problem.
Before anyone starts flipping out, this gimmick was known from day one, many times since release multiple players have tried to get something out of it and it's not worth sacrificing the damage for something that isn't even positive advantage, so it's not like he got a nutpunch or anything. It was never worth the meter as it sacrifices a huge ton of damage to let you at negative advantage.

If air hammer always worked like this (but with positive advantage) it would be useful, but that move is one of the most useless in the game and got even worse when every armored move started getting double armor. Most Cryo players wouldn't even notice the difference if it was removed from the game.

Last edited:

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Before anyone starts flipping out, this gimmick was known from day one, many times since release multiple players have tried to get something out of it and it's not worth sacrificing the damage for something that isn't even positive advantage, so it's not like he got a nutpunch or anything. It was never worth the meter as it sacrifices a huge ton of damage to let you at negative advantage.

If air hammer always worked like this (but with positive advantage) it would be useful, but that move is one of the most useless in the game and got even worse when every armore move started getting double armor. Most Cryo players wouldn't even notice the difference if it was removed from the game.
Oh no, it's the fun police.
Everyone hide!

Lokheit

Noob
Oh no, it's the fun police.
Everyone hide!

Nah I wasn't really trying to crash the party sorry about that, it was more directed to the other comment, if random uninformed players come here and read comments like the one from stargazer they will think Cryo has stuff he really doesn't, we already have enough complains since TYM saw Sonic using the character to make them believe he has a nutpunch on top of that. It was more about damage control than anything.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
It's a nice tech you found there, however, it's the most useless move, because you can't even do any kombo out of it. :/