What's new

AI In Fighting Games

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
So, I've been thinking about this a little bit recently. We all know playing the computer on expert mode is NOWHERE near the same experience as playing an expert human. However, I know some people resort to practicing against the computer when they hate online and don't have any local players. I figure it's probably an easier task with shooter games, but how could the AI be fixed in MK/other fg's to provide a more realistic experience?

I've heard that MvC3 has some sort of feature to fight against AI modeled after top players. Is this true, and does it actually work? I know it's impossible for a computer to play the same kinds of mindgames as a human, but I'd really be interested in how far such an idea could be pushed.

I'm curious to see how the AI in Skullgirls turns out. Rather than attempt to simulate human-like behavior the developers say they are designing their AI to be pattern based in order to teach players how to deal with specific situations. This should be really helpful for casuals and pros alike.