What's new

AE 2012...Dudley questions

Tolkeen

/wrists
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone here knew any combos for Dudley, like maybe some BNB's or a link to a combo thread. I'd prefer to not have a video because I want to be able to look at it while I play, and I play the PC version.

I looked at Shoryuken, but the combo thread link was dead...and it's hell trying to find anything there.

NKZero

Noob
event hubs seems to have a good page for SFIVAE. check that out and I'm sure you'll find combos for Dudley among general strategy, frame data etc.

BookBurning

Voidwards
Yep, Dudley actually happens to be my main in AE2012.

Dudley's standard BnBs will be all be variations linking usually into Rounhouse EXMachinegunblow.

This is what I usually find myself doing depending on the situation.

---

F.mk - Cr.MP - ST - RH - EX Machinegunblow (This is a very hard 1 frame link but can be accomplished with alot of practice and plinking but it also offers the most damage for a basic BnB. Of course follow up into ducking upper. Against some character like Sakura, you can instead do a st.MP instead of a crouching one and it's much easier; a 2 frame link instead of 1, however on most characters it will whiff and you will drop your combo so you need to do the cr.MP instead.)

If you're not comfortable with 1 frame links do this.

F.MK - CR.jab - ST.RH EX machine gun blow. (It's a bit less damage but WAY easier to land.)

Dudley also has a very nice overhead (F.RH) Which will link into a full combo. Off of his overhead do CR.Jab, ST.RH EX Machine gun blow.

I'm sure you see the pattern here to his BnBs.

One thing you want to remember is that with Dudley, less hits actually is more damage. You can be very flashy with him and do things like F.MK - Jab,strong - ST.Jab - ST.RH EX MGB but honestly you end up with less damage because of the hit scaling. Also for his final BnB which I think is very important.

CR.LK - ST.Jab - ST.RH EX MGB. It's a low starter so you can mix them up alot off of his Overhead and low, both going into full combos. If you have any more questions about specifics I can answer.

Tolkeen

/wrists
Yep, Dudley actually happens to be my main in AE2012.

Dudley's standard BnBs will be all be variations linking usually into Rounhouse EXMachinegunblow.

This is what I usually find myself doing depending on the situation.

---

F.mk - Cr.MP - ST - RH - EX Machinegunblow (This is a very hard 1 frame link but can be accomplished with alot of practice and plinking but it also offers the most damage for a basic BnB. Of course follow up into ducking upper. Against some character like Sakura, you can instead do a st.MP instead of a crouching one and it's much easier; a 2 frame link instead of 1, however on most characters it will whiff and you will drop your combo so you need to do the cr.MP instead.)

If you're not comfortable with 1 frame links do this.

F.MK - CR.jab - ST.RH EX machine gun blow. (It's a bit less damage but WAY easier to land.)

Dudley also has a very nice overhead (F.RH) Which will link into a full combo. Off of his overhead do CR.Jab, ST.RH EX Machine gun blow.

I'm sure you see the pattern here to his BnBs.

One thing you want to remember is that with Dudley, less hits actually is more damage. You can be very flashy with him and do things like F.MK - Jab,strong - ST.Jab - ST.RH EX MGB but honestly you end up with less damage because of the hit scaling. Also for his final BnB which I think is very important.

CR.LK - ST.Jab - ST.RH EX MGB. It's a low starter so you can mix them up alot off of his Overhead and low, both going into full combos. If you have any more questions about specifics I can answer.
Thanks, I'm really sad you main him cause now I know 1 person from mk who will always be better than me with this character lol. Thanks for the help! when I have questions I'll shoot them at you if that's okay.

BookBurning

Voidwards
Thanks, I'm really sad you main him cause now I know 1 person from mk who will always be better than me with this character lol. Thanks for the help! when I have questions I'll shoot them at you if that's okay.
I wouldn't worry too much about that haha. I haven't played any Fighters in a long time, not like I used to; I just still have alot of knowledge on the character is all. Plus I think I'll be switching to Guy if I go back. :)

Tolkeen

/wrists
I wouldn't worry too much about that haha. I haven't played any Fighters in a long time, not like I used to; I just still have alot of knowledge on the character is all. Plus I think I'll be switching to Guy if I go back. :)
GOOD! You're not classy enough to play such a gentlemanly character. Riff-raff!