What's new

AE 2012: Considering learning Dhalsim. Help?

Sup bros.

After watching playing to win's Dhalsim the past few months, I've formed a certain affinity for the character. I really like the way he plays and spaces his opponents out. I've passed half the trials now, but I'm not sure where to go from here other than going online and getting bodied for a while until I figure him out on a practical level.

Does anyone know of any good places to go that break the character down, maybe a guide with dhalsim frame data, general matchup advice, anything to get me off the ground rather than learning cold. Thanks!

Spletty

Grandmaster
I have the same problem but with ae in general lol. I can win on the hardest difficulty every round but I haven't won online yet :(

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Sup bros.

After watching playing to win's Dhalsim the past few months, I've formed a certain affinity for the character. I really like the way he plays and spaces his opponents out. I've passed half the trials now, but I'm not sure where to go from here other than going online and getting bodied for a while until I figure him out on a practical level.

Does anyone know of any good places to go that break the character down, maybe a guide with dhalsim frame data, general matchup advice, anything to get me off the ground rather than learning cold. Thanks!
Please, just play Rufus, you will be happier in the end...nah in all seriousness haha I would check SRK for the rundown on any character from that game, but idk what you will find I don't really do much on SRK except set up times to play with my local scene guys.

Talk to Matt @ CoCo or Season's Beatings. He mains Sim.
Right but he's one of (if not the) best sim in the midwest and I need to learn a fuck ton more fundamentals with the character before I go asking him for help I think, lol. That's like somebody going up to REO and being like "how do i ndc lawl" imo

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Right but he's one of (if not the) best sim in the midwest and I need to learn a fuck ton more fundamentals with the character before I go asking him for help I think, lol. That's like somebody going up to REO and being like "how do i ndc lawl" imo
I am sure he is not below offering up some tips to get started. We are just talking video games here.

McNasty

Moist.
I'd check SRK for all the match up specific tidbits you can find. Take anything you find useful there and watch high level match vids and try and tie in what you know what youve picked up on srk and how the pros apply these things in a practical manner. Also maybe watch old footage to see the evolution of the character over time.