What's new

ADG Noob Saibot Video Guide

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Hey guys! I just made a Noob Saibot video guide, please let me know what you think.

This is the first character video guide that I've made, so please give me all of your criticism!

Love it good stuff. Do a part 2 with some more advanced set ups, portal traps and such. Good job, especially on your first video guide.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Love it good stuff. Do a part 2 with some more advanced set ups, portal traps and such. Good job, especially on your first video guide.
Thanks. I was intending to put much more in, but at 13 minutes long already, I figured I had to cut some stuff.

First character video guide at least. I wish it was more polished, also wish I had some better equipment haha.

In hindsight something happened to the quality when I uploaded. It's super blurry now.

D. R.

Noob
I posted this on the front page, but I shoulda put it here. Lol My two cents :evil:

Nice guide, for what it is so far, but you left out so much stuff, that I demand a part two for everyone's sake who maybe interested in Noob. Very quickly:

d+3 is an awesome low poke, fast and dash cancellable. Rinse and repeat, or mix it up.
b+2 is an awesome pressure tool for three reasons:
1. You can finish the string, second hit being overhead, into a combo or end in Upknee for safety
2. You can cancel into bf+4 for a quick low option, suffice not safe, if the opponent fears the overhead.
3. B+2 can instantly be dash cancelled into something else. I mean instantly. B+2, throw is retarded good
f+33 is awesome because you can dash cancel it into itself again, 12, upknee, throw, or whatever.

The power of EN Ghostball in the corner!!? That definitly needs mentioning!

Also, Noob's big damage combos midscreen come from his portal traps, which you slightly hinted at. He can get anywhere from 28-47% damage off a portal, depending on meter and if the tackle knocks the opponent into the portal instead of a block push.

Anyway, part 2, I demand it! Good shit nonetheless man!

KingKuma

Noob
I posted this on the front page, but I shoulda put it here. Lol My two cents :evil:

Nice guide, for what it is so far, but you left out so much stuff, that I demand a part two for everyone's sake who maybe interested in Noob. Very quickly:

d+3 is an awesome low poke, fast and dash cancellable. Rinse and repeat, or mix it up.
b+2 is an awesome pressure tool for three reasons:
1. You can finish the string, second hit being overhead, into a combo or end in Upknee for safety
2. You can cancel into bf+4 for a quick low option, suffice not safe, if the opponent fears the overhead.
3. B+2 can instantly be dash cancelled into something else. I mean instantly. B+2, throw is retarded good
f+33 is awesome because you can dash cancel it into itself again, 12, upknee, throw, or whatever.

The power of EN Ghostball in the corner!!? That definitly needs mentioning!

Also, Noob's big damage combos midscreen come from his portal traps, which you slightly hinted at. He can get anywhere from 28-47% damage off a portal, depending on meter and if the tackle knocks the opponent into the portal instead of a block push.

Anyway, part 2, I demand it! Good shit nonetheless man!
Hey, great stuff there man. I didn't know b+2 could be canceled and used for pressure :)

I have a question about the portal traps though. Do you get a free combo when they get hit by the shadow or when they block it and get pushed?

Thanks

D. R.

Noob
Hey, great stuff there man. I didn't know b+2 could be canceled and used for pressure :)

I have a question about the portal traps though. Do you get a free combo when they get hit by the shadow or when they block it and get pushed?

Thanks
Both actually. If the tackle knocks the opponent into the portal, you get a combo. If the opponent blocks, the tackle pushes the opponent into the portal. It's a sick pressure tool after a combo to force the opponent to move, otherwise they're going to eat a big combo.