What's new

About the storyline of the game.

devdot4

Certified beginner
Hello, so the campaign had me asking questions more than answers and I don't know what to think now.

1. If Raiden confronted Kronika multiple times during their timelines, why didn't Raiden think of the idea to merge with Liu Kang sooner? And also how did he know to do that in the first place?

2. If Kronika is almighty and powerful than any other being, why didn't she just kill everyone by herself in the first place.

3. Why do you need Kronika's crown full of souls to fight elder gods?

4. If let's say old Johnny Cage slept with the young Sonya Blade and then she got pregnant, how would that affect current timeline or the multi-verse timeline she was from? Would Cassie always have a young brother/sister or what?

5. How is Fire God Liu Kang so powerful?????? I know he is the chosen one but how would merging with Raiden give him this much power?

I will probably think of more questions regarding the story of the game...

Thanks.

From what I can tell:

1. Since time reset each time, he knew of Kronika's existance, but not that they had fought before. Being a god he had some memories buried in himself that only triggered when he fought Liu Kang and realized he was being manipulated by Kronika. In every other past occurrence, he never merged with Liu and succumbed to the manipulation, usually killing Kang.

2. She is not almighty and all powerful, thus the reason she needed to recruit followers and disposable minions.

3. Likely because it's a magical artifact created by a being that creates said gods, and it's purpose is to empower her further.

4. Based on how they did things, it would simply be another child born and a younger "sibling" for Cassie.

5. Because Liu was already crazy powerful, as was Raiden. Don't forget, Liu is one of the few characters able to beat the likes of Shao Kahn and even Shinnok solo. Kronika, throughout all the timelines, was afraid of such a merging, thus the reason she fated them to ultimately clash, and for Raiden to kill Liu Kang.