What's new

About F4

Is there any good use to this? I know it can counter some wake ups, but should i even use it against wake ups?

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
People always think its highly negative on block when its actually neutral. I find that if i spin right after i usually hit them out of a counterattack.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
it can also be used in corner combos for example

2,1 spin, NJP, f4, 3~EX Hat, jumpkick~divekick, 1, 2,4 1+3~2 45%

ATL Batman used to use a fun set-up

combo xx exhat f4 and then instantly teleport 1 to catch em if they teched. surprisingly effective.

People always think its highly negative on block when its actually neutral. I find that if i spin right after i usually hit them out of a counterattack.
what you say works very well .. and also "Tele EX" now discovering that using this combo is very good .. example:

2.1 spin, NJP, f+4 + Teleport EX (recommend using button 2 and you can then do a reset anti-wakeup if given the situation or just keep attacking with Button 2 + mixup .. (F4 in the middle of the screen and the character lockdown leave much time to drop to teleport).

what you say works very well .. and also "Tele EX" now discovering that using this combo is very good .. example:

2.1 spin, NJP, f+4 + Teleport EX (recommend using button 2 and you can then do a reset anti-wakeup if given the situation or just keep attacking with Button 2 + mixup .. (F4 in the middle of the screen and the character lockdown leave much time to drop to teleport).
its a mix up but why would i waste damage for a mix up? wouldn't it be better to ex hat into 24 finisher?

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
:r:bk Has it's uses, but it never really takes priority over anything.

Never ever do it from a JIP, because if the JIP hits, you are dropping a whole combo, but if you catch 24 :ex Hat, then JIP :r:bk is viable enough as the opponent is blocking, and its 0, but again, it takes no priority over JIP 112.

It works well after a wiffed dive kick from knocking down the opponent after 24 overhead. Sometimes it's cool after 112, 11, then into 24 or 21.

But if you are going to do anything gimmickish or cool, then from a JIP, do B1 and hit confirm into F1 Spin, just go into 112 pressure.

I make a video for a better understanding of the idea ....
Thank you. For trying to make a video, but ending in 24 grab wouldn't you have better spacing and positioning. Also, it does more damage. Because of F4 that's 1% - 5 % lost and it is really important when it comes to the end of a round. It's a mixup, but imo you have better positioning out of 24 grab. In the 24 grab you have a footsies game and you are in +8 frames

Thank you. For trying to make a video, but ending in 24 grab wouldn't you have better spacing and positioning. Also, it does more damage. Because of F4 that's 1% - 5 % lost and it is really important when it comes to the end of a round. It's a mixup, but imo you have better positioning out of 24 grab. In the 24 grab you have a footsies game and you are in +8 frames
If you friend I very much agree that removes Damage even more Do "Dive Kick" and then 2.4, throw .. but if you're in a situation of pressure you can run teleport and if you successfully do a RESET and continue beating. or just attack .. as directed makes a video for you to see

If you friend I very much agree that removes Damage even more Do "Dive Kick" and then 2.4, throw .. but if you're in a situation of pressure you can run teleport and if you successfully do a RESET and continue beating. or just attack .. as directed makes a video for you to see
I love the idea of that,but what if you had/building xray couldn't I pressure with that instead wasting a bar. However, kl builds meter really fast.