What's new

Question - Scorpion (aa)Uppercut, Jkxxtp, 21xxspear...

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
So, yesterday while playing against a buddy, i've hit him out of the air with a uppercut, and still gave me enough time to jk tp into 21 spear, when i came back at home was trying to replicate the event but not success, i was kinda tired and it was late already.

So i'm asking if anyone has ever done this before, do we have a video so we can check the height or something? Seems a pretty accurate combo to go for when you other normals just won't cut it.

@STRYKIE
@God Confirm
@YOMI RM JagoBlake
@JINAMOUNAINAI
@Mitsuownes
@OutworldKeith
@Ze Dingo
@JTB123

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I don't think the height is all that important (although the higher it hits them is still better), but more how late the uppercut hits during the active frames giving you more time to do it after you recover.

When this happens in Ninjutsu I usually just follow up with B2, I'm yet to find anything consistent for Hellfire (or Inferno).

I'll look into it later and see if I can figure anything out.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I combo'd off uppercut all the time in the corner, but never mid screen. Good find Ill lab it as well tomorrow

Ze Dingo

D4->F2 = unblockable. Ice Clone = unpunishable.
Depending on where it hits, I always try to go to B2 (Ninjutsu). I think it has to hit very late in the active frames for it to work, but so many jump ins beat the uppercut.

It's actually a little scary to anti air in this game.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Depending on where it hits, I always try to go to B2 (Ninjutsu). I think it has to hit very late in the active frames for it to work, but so many jump ins beat the uppercut.

It's actually a little scary to anti air in this game.
Yea AA can be a pain sometimes. I occasionally find myself D2 AA someone out of prediction and a good anti crossup which can either go horribly wrong or pretty nicely and I've found teleport to be a pretty solid AA option if u make a good read

Matix218

Get over here!
I have never tried it because I never thought you could recover in time to land a jk tele. seems very situational since I assume you have to catch them at a specific height with a specific part of the hitbox for it to work out that you would have enough time to recover and get a jk off while they are still airborne

JINAMOUNAINAI

He who is on fire is not troubled by the smoke
I have never tried it because I never thought you could recover in time to land a jk tele. seems very situational since I assume you have to catch them at a specific height with a specific part of the hitbox for it to work out that you would have enough time to recover and get a jk off while they are still airborne
A little bit easier than you make it sound lol, almost any time you deny a crossjump before the switch sides this is guaranteed with f3 tp