What's new

AA 1 and 2

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Surprisingly, Raiden has some pretty easy anti-air jabs. In my opinion, at least.

What can you link off of an AA 1 or AA 2?

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
raiden's AA 1 is pretty bad imo but it does work. 1 vd dash 3 shocker f2 vb b3 superman is 30%, but very strict timing as well. easier to land if superman w/o b3 for 29%. also ending AA combos with b3 is good for enhanced lightning setups. there are more AA 1 combos if you check "Go to the Light" AA combo thread by B W1zZ. i dont have much experience with AA 2. im actually considering 3 as an AA option but have yet to test how well it works.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I don't know what you're talking about. Standing 1 is his best anti air move for open space and d1 for anti crossover, but you can even use standing 1 to counter crossup if you do it right. It's 9 frames and it literally pokes the air. 1~vb, dash shocker, 334, superman. If you're really cool you can fit a dash b3~superman in after the 334 for more damage. It's like 30 or 32%. I can't remember exactly and I'm at work. Someone can test it out and correct me.

BigMilk

i understand its his best AA option but i mean it isnt great as a AA in general compared to other characters. Mainly referring to the range of his 1 which is bad. Look at Shangs AA 1 for example. Reaches out pretty far, Jax, JC, most characters have better AA 1's than Raiden is all i meant, not that his wasnt good.

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
9 Frame jab with a generous hitbox, what isn't great about that?

My go to AA combo is 1, vb dash shocker, F2 vb back 3 superman.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
i understand its his best AA option but i mean it isnt great as a AA in general compared to other characters. Mainly referring to the range of his 1 which is bad. Look at Shangs AA 1 for example. Reaches out pretty far, Jax, JC, most characters have better AA 1's than Raiden is all i meant, not that his wasnt good.
Ah I see what you mean. Yeah other characters have better anti air which makes it easier for them. Raiden's is a little harder to use, compared to like... sektor, but once you get the spacing/timing down it's nothing to think about. Then when you go to AA with other characters it seems like easy mode.

As far as standing 2 goes... I never ever use it for anti air. 1 and d1 are all I need.

BigMilk

yea its pretty crazy, i grow accustomed to Raiden's AA 1 then i randomly pick someone like Shang and all i of a sudden im AA'ing from full screen lol