What's new

Tech - Buzz Saw A weird interaction between straight saw and fast grabs

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
So I was doing some labbing, trying to learn gaps for different characters when I found this. Did some testing and apparently the animation for straight buzz saw (whatever its called) has a strange interaction with grabs that are 11 frames or faster, including reversal throws. Only happens when its done as a reversal, because I cant do it manually because my execution sucks so it doesnt come out as a reversal. And straight saw is -11 so these should be punishing it. And its not a range issue cuz Ferra Torr has one of the longest grab ranges.

Did some testing with other characters as well, and since Brawlers 12 frame grab hits, but ferra torr and Kano's 11 frame grabs whiff I believe that the cutoff is 11 frames.

Apologies if this has already been found.
I think this means that if kung lao ends in straight saw ferra torr cant punish it with anything.

Wigy

There it is...
I thought command grabs didnt work during blockstun/hitstun animations.

Like u cant punish a person with a command grab >10 frames if they are minus ten after a blockstring or if they are -10 after you hit them.

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
I thought command grabs didnt work during blockstun/hitstun animations.

Like u cant punish a person with a command grab >10 frames if they are minus ten after a blockstring or if they are -10 after you hit them.
I dont know, ive never seen this interaction before. if thats the case then command grabs and throws shouldnt be able to punish any move less than -10 right? Also this doesnt work with low hat, which is safer.

I know u cant command grab someone while they are in blockstun after a move that YOU do, but ive never heard of it happening after a move that THEY do.