What's new

A UFGT Warning: MUST READ FOR ALL ATTENDING

Status
Not open for further replies.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios

For those who still need to register, the cut off is this Sunday, the 19th. Do NOT wait around.

Emergency Registration ($60) – At the event during Emergency Registration Hours only (Thursday May 22nd, 4pm to 8pm, and Friday May 23rd, 10am to 2:30pm). Only tournaments that have available byes will allow emergency registrants to enter, and only before a tournament’s first pools start, as the brackets will already be made at this time. You cannot and will not be regionally or skill seeded if you are an emergency registrant. Avoid this option at all costs.

This is SERIOUS. UFGT is not the East Coast. If you don't pre-register you may be playing your friend first round. If you are late you will not be allowed to enter. You cannot have a friend in Chicago late reg for you. You must be here in Chicago when emergency registration is still happening.

http://ufgtus.wordpress.com/register/

Secondly the schedule has changed. Half of the Injustice pools are now on Friday!!! Mortal Kombat starts at 1 PM and Injustice starts at 3 PM. I see people saying they're only coming on Saturday or they're arriving Friday night. There is a 50/50 chance you're going to be in a Friday pool. When pools are finalized they're not going to switch you. If you are late they will DQ you. Plan accordingly.

http://ufgtus.wordpress.com/schedule/

Last edited by a moderator:

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
For those who still need to register the cut off is this sunday the 19th. Do NOT fuck around.

Emergency Registration ($60) – At the event during Emergency Registration Hours only (Thursday May 22nd, 4pm to 8pm, and Friday May 23rd, 10am to 2:30pm). Only tournaments that have available byes will allow emergency registrants to enter, and only before a tournament’s first pools start, as the brackets will already be made at this time. You cannot and will not be regionally or skill seeded if you are an emergency registrant. Avoid this option at all costs.

This is SERIOUS. UFGT is not the East Coast. If you don't pre-register you may be playing your friend first round. If you are late you will not be allowed to enter. You cannot have a friend in Chicago late reg for you. You must be here in Chicago when emergency registration is still happening.

http://ufgtus.wordpress.com/register/

Secondly the schedule has changed. Half the Injustice pools are now on Friday. Mortal Kombat starts at 1 PM and Injustice starts at 3 PM. I see people saying they're only coming on Saturday or they're arriving Friday night. There is a 50/50 chance you're going to be in a Friday pool. When pools are finalized they're not going to switch you. If you are late they will DQ you. Plan accordingly.

http://ufgtus.wordpress.com/schedule/
IDK who to thank...... but these new Pre-Reg rules are the best.

Good heads up Bit.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Does that mean that if somebody has their trip set (which most should already) to be there only like friday night/saturday/sunday, there's a 50% chance that they can't play now?

How recently did they make this change? That seems pretty messed up.
This is a valid concern.

Can anyone else vouch for having a flight set already?
Anyone have a suggestion for those who's flights land friday?

gpmoney

CORN | gpmoney. Saltier than a bag of chips.
Hmmmmm injustice pools start at 3PM friday. thats the sametime check in for rooms starts at the hotel lol

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Does that mean that if somebody has their trip set (which most should already) to be there only like friday night/saturday/sunday, there's a 50% chance that they can't play now?

How recently did they make this change? That seems pretty messed up.

The schedule was changed last week.

You're right, it's unfortunate, but in their defense the schedule was always subject to change and when you register it says this and states if you register you're agreeing to possibly play on Friday.

Justice

Noob
No arguments about any of this. A little more notice would have been nice for out of town travelers that need to book buses/planes.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
So to anyone that complained about me trying to push for SCR registrants and changes early, this is why. We got the schedule expanded early enough that most people who were making travel plans and buying flights could account/adjust for it.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
For the record I was told the reason for the schedule change was pre registrations are very high and they were apologetic. They know it sucks.
I'm going to bet then... they are smart enough to know or at least assume the guys who are coming from areas where you'd need to fly probably are going to need to not play Friday if at all possible.

I hope so. This tourney is def. shaping up big time.

Lilith

Baebality
I agree with all but the Friday thing helllll no I would be furious. Igaf >_> a flight is a flight so thats basically telling us don't pre reg early or plan on flying out ahead guys cause even if you plan accordingly theres a 50/50 you could be fucked

gpmoney

CORN | gpmoney. Saltier than a bag of chips.
AHHH Im too hype for this lol . mostly because I wana play offline.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
I wonder if the people at UFGT sent people who did Prereg Emails to let them know that their pools may be on Friday. Considering that some people may just forget to check the site. And not everyone goes on things like TYM. Just something to consider.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
On a semi-related note:
What do I need to bring to UFGT to prove I am who I say I am?
From my experience at tournaments they either ask for your tag or your name. And thats about it. They don't really ask for anything. But bring your ID, or credit Card just in case. To prove that it is you.

Status
Not open for further replies.