What's new

General/Other A Trick With Smoke

kandehbar

The Gryphon
Well when I was playing my friend a couple of days ago (P.S my smoke really leveled up since the threads, Thans KT and Tony-T)
I found out that when i tried to use smoke away when they tried to do jump over punch is that Smoke Away/Towards auto corrects directions. Im not sure if people already knew that but another thing is when it auto corrects it looks like it give phases you further then a regular one. This may be inaccurate since the oppenent is over your head when this goes of so it just looks that way but im going to do further testing in the corner to see if AC Smoke Away/Toward move you farther

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Im unsure of what you mean by the auto-correcting, do you mean that if you are on the left, and you input Smoke Away (Right,Left,3) and they cross you up, you would drift "Away" which would now be the right?.

If so, then i think this may have happened to me but through me blaming myself, shoddy inputs, negetive edge, and just the general randomness of some things in the game at times, i never thought it to be anything other than just another "one of those things" that sometimes happens in MK, and not the actual mechanics of the move itself. I just took for granted that no matter where on the screen you are if you input right, left then you drift left, and left, right then you drift right.

Good find though and if it happens to drift you further then bonus!

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Seems like what you're describing is a graphical glitch that sometimes occurs when you drift right as someone crossing you up is over your head.

What will happen is that the animation of the smoke drift will actually go in the opposite direction from the one you input. Smoke still actually moves in the direction you input, only the literal smoke cloud goes the wrong way.

kandehbar

The Gryphon
Yeah that happens too but sometimes i go the way the smoke cloud does what im trying to do is do that on command it looks like it can confuse the other player

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
it probably can be done consistently, as long as it's timed perfectly. I haven't taken the time to figure out exactly where the opponent needs to be, but it's somewhere very near directly over your head.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Well when I was playing my friend a couple of days ago (P.S my smoke really leveled up since the threads, Thans KT and Tony-T)
I found out that when i tried to use smoke away when they tried to do jump over punch is that Smoke Away/Towards auto corrects directions. Im not sure if people already knew that but another thing is when it auto corrects it looks like it give phases you further then a regular one. This may be inaccurate since the oppenent is over your head when this goes of so it just looks that way but im going to do further testing in the corner to see if AC Smoke Away/Toward move you farther
Next time my friend is over ill do some testing for you :)