What's new

A Thought Regarding Tier Lists

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Despite the thread title, this is by no means a thread where I'm asking about which characters will fall into a respective tier, it's way too early to even begin speculating about that since we've only had hands-on access to only 5 characters for only a few days..

Rather I was wondering: with there being so many different potential character builds, how will we able to create tier lists when we finally get the full version and are able to see what the rest of the roster is capable of? Do we go by "optimal" builds? The pre-set builds?

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
I feel like there were similar concerns with MKX and its variation system, but in the end, we figured something out.

Even though some of those tier lists were straight trash.
:DOGE

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I’m just wondering how tier lists will work when every character feels viable.
There are still objective facts to state about certain tools of certain characters that may place them slightly above or below other tools of the same character and those of other characters.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Pretty much what King said. The most optimal build(s) will likely be the most popular, so those will be the ones you rank. If a character has two commonly played builds you consider both in ranking. No game will ever be 100% balanced, so the difference will be the power gap between optimal builds.

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
1) Scarlett
2) Kabal with custom variations
3) Baraka with custom variations
4) Scorpion with custom variations
5) Jade