What's new

Video/Tutorial A real speed Flash trait vid request

Gryfen Z

Game store guy
I was screwing around in practice mode last night with the Flash and sometime in the couple minutes between practice and a few local versus matches with one of the guys I play against, I started to wonder what it would look like to the Flash's opponent when Flash activated his trait and made with the high speed beatdown. It sounded pretty amusing and relatively simple in theory; just make (or borrow) a Flash combo video with some good trait usage, then use video editing software to speed up the footage during trait activation so it looks like the guy getting pummeled is moving at normal speed and the Flash would be operating somewhere around mach 1.

Trouble is, I lack a capture card, video editing software, and any experience at all with either of them. -_- So how about it? Anyone willing to help me scratch a curious itch by making that video, or point me in the direction of someone who already thought of this a week ago? :)

I'm about to do this with a random 52% I found on youtube, but in the mean-time I'm curious as to what happens during a Flash mirror if both Flash players activate their gimmick simultaneously...

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
I was screwing around in practice mode last night with the Flash and sometime in the couple minutes between practice and a few local versus matches with one of the guys I play against, I started to wonder what it would look like to the Flash's opponent when Flash activated his trait and made with the high speed beatdown. It sounded pretty amusing and relatively simple in theory; just make (or borrow) a Flash combo video with some good trait usage, then use video editing software to speed up the footage during trait activation so it looks like the guy getting pummeled is moving at normal speed and the Flash would be operating somewhere around mach 1.

Trouble is, I lack a capture card, video editing software, and any experience at all with either of them. -_- So how about it? Anyone willing to help me scratch a curious itch by making that video, or point me in the direction of someone who already thought of this a week ago? :)
good idea for a combo video, i have the software able to do this, with the right effects it could look awesome :)

Here ya go, lazy as shit editing but I don't have After Effects anymore so I couldn't do anything cool :(

And the video I found was shit quality grrr...

Gryfen Z

Game store guy
That is exactly the kind of thing I had in mind. :) I'd like to see how that looks with some of the flashier trait combos (pun intended) as well. Any chance any of you can recommend a free or nearly free video editing software a video editing noobie like myself could procure without pirating it?

Lol if somebody wants to record some awesome HD footage w/ Flash's trait I just got Aftereffects back and would have fun playing around with it. And sadly nothing comes to mind with free video editing software :/ I'd just google around, I'm sure something is out there floating around