What's new

Guide A Quick Crash Course On Doomsday: The Bad, Then the Good

Zuer9119

Noob
I faced a guy online who said to my brother that he was actually upset that my doomsday beat his green lantern even though I did very little combo attacks. People think that since you don't do combos often then you're a bad player. But knowing what special to use for which situation and when its safe to pull off a 2 to 3 hit combo has gotten me many wins with my lovely siege engine of hatred in the past week and some change. ;)

J/P

Noob
I faced a guy online who said to my brother that he was actually upset that my doomsday beat his green lantern even though I did very little combo attacks. People think that since you don't do combos often then you're a bad player. But knowing what special to use for which situation and when its safe to pull off a 2 to 3 hit combo has gotten me many wins with my lovely siege engine of hatred in the past week and some change. ;)
Haha that guy should understand that if you get hit 9 times by Doomsday, you die haha.

ShanxterX

@shanxterx follow me hoes
Doomsday is really good , but not anywhere near the top. I believe that once people figure him out and improve their defense and dashing it will be hard work for doomsday to win against top competion

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Doomsday's upward venom is a great wake up attack. It is invincible until impact, and although it is punishable on block, you can still MB as a mixup or to GTFO. He has it alot better than most chars on wakeup. Lots of chars have either no good wakeups or their wakeup is just straight up punishable with no MB option.

Reactions: VOR

J/P

Noob
Doomsday is really good , but not anywhere near the top. I believe that once people figure him out and improve their defense and dashing it will be hard work for doomsday to win against top competion
It already is tough against characters like Aquaman, Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, and Deathstroke. His more even matchups are Nightwing, Raven, Hawkgirl, and Shazam.

J/P

Noob
Doomsday's upward venom is a great wake up attack. It is invincible until impact, and although it is punishable on block, you can still MB as a mixup or to GTFO. He has it alot better than most chars on wakeup. Lots of chars have either no good wakeups or their wakeup is just straight up punishable with no MB mixup.
I personally don't like MB air venom on wakeup because what if I get safe jumped against a player that can react well?

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I personally don't like MB air venom on wakeup because what if I get safe jumped against a player that can react well?
I don't think there is SF-style safe jumps in this game because whiffing air attacks have recovery that you cannot block during.

You just immediately hold up after you dash forward. It's similar to Hulk in UMvC3.
I'm trying that now and all it seems like to me is that I'm dashing, completing the dash, then immediately jumping. And yes, I play UMvC3, so I know what its like with Hulk.

J/P

Noob
I'm trying that now and all it seems like to me is that I'm dashing, completing the dash, then immediately jumping. And yes, I play UMvC3, so I know what its like with Hulk.
I mean it's not like you can jump in the middle of the dash but you can jump towards the end of it if that's what you mean.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
You are the man. Very good job. Keep doing it. Black Adam and Shazam next please!

HungryforPasta

Come and Get it!
This thread along with the, "Crash Coarse on Doomsday, The bad and then the good" would go well together.
If you guys are ok, i'll notify a mod to combind the two threads and have it sticky.

I think noobies would benefit ALOT from your guys' work.

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
Sure no problem man, go for it!

If any part of my content helps even one person go from newbie to competent, then it's all worth it :)

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
Nothing wrong with Doomsday. Yes, he can hit you more often for less damage. That is much easier to deal with than Killer Frost hitting you for 40% and resetting you, or Black Adams 53% BnB. Not calling for nerfs for KF and BA by any means just making personal references.

J/P

Noob
This thread along with the, "Crash Coarse on Doomsday, The bad and then the good" would go well together.
If you guys are ok, i'll notify a mod to combind the two threads and have it sticky.

I think noobies would benefit ALOT from your guys' work.
I'll just post some updates (if i find any) to you later then.

King Checkmate

uɐlop sı ʎllɐnʇɔɐ
Remember Doomy players! Up Venom MB can be used to get close to zoners and its much harder to predict than Supernova MB(of course using both will give you the edge). AND you get some extra hits too!
up Venom MB, 22,Venom - For example XD

Just remember to get the distance right or YOU WILL be punished by a full combo

J/P

Noob
Tried playing online today and my internet is so bad that I can't put situational theories to work. and there's no scene for the North Bay Region of NorCal for me to meet up with players... Sad day.