What's new

Strategy A possible way to get in on zoners

I noticed a lot of us green lanterns have trouble getting in after we are put at full screen and are getting zoned.
Well, i may have found a solution to that.
green lanterns air projectile game is excellent. Hitting the Air Back forward 1 leaves you at positive If i'm not mistaken? I'm not sure but i do know its atleast +15 and more.
After landing you can easily close the gap by using back forward 3 on the ground. it has been working on me for death stroke players, and from there once you are in you can punish lots of things deathstroke will try to do you on reaction :)
let me know how this works out for any of you guys

Dude...just walk and duck.

Play as Deathstroke or any other zoner in Classic Battles on Very Hard AI. Look how easy it is to get in.
You can do that, but its huge chip damage.
if you happen to land a air back forward 1, its a free back forward 3.
I'm just adding more stuff to green lanterns arsenal, but feel free to do what ever you are more comfortable with.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
You can do that, but its huge chip damage.
if you happen to land a air back forward 1, its a free back forward 3.
I'm just adding more stuff to green lanterns arsenal, but feel free to do what ever you are more comfortable with.
It's chip, yes. But it's more chip + actual damage if you try to do other things. But true, this DOES add to Lantern's arsenal. Good stuff.

It's chip, yes. But it's more chip + actual damage if you try to do other things. But true, this DOES add to Lantern's arsenal. Good stuff.
not actually, lets say you are full screen away, if you block, and get in to atleast sweep distance more from full screen, you can hit the back forward 1. And thats a free back forward 3 Closing the gap with out having to chip 35% of your health to the person and potentially getting caught in high/lows.

PwnStar

Noob
Also, abuse b1!!! It goes under highs and pushes you forward. I've been spamming that under projectiles today. Mush more productive than crouch, walk.

rzn

Noob
I'd like to second the awesomess of slide (b1) - really awesome tool to go under stuff.
Also would like to mention that I haven't got punished for air bf3 at all when I was doing it to fly over the opponent's projectile and move in. They pressed buttons but I always had time to block.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
OR is -12 on block, I'm not seeing how hes gonna get in with bf3 after that.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
air fireball on hit does not guarantee turbine.

EDIT: you do get a forward dash though

From what I've tested, GL gets a free dash after pretty much any projectile, except for Cyborg's instant air bull and just a few frame traps.

Deathstroke has one frame trap, that works on GL where he can do low shots into high shots. It has to be right on top of the other in order for it to catch you, though. Either way, you still get a dash in and lose little ground as opposed to jumping right into it and losing ground.

Batman has a trap where he can do a full screen batarang and then catch you on a dash with his grapple. With that in mind, just jump forward after the bats and duck (keeping in mind the range on his up grapple and air to airs). Gain ground and safe.

Raven has a trap where she throws out her df1 and then can get you with her df2 or her db2 if you're in range if you dashed in between. It can even be hard to dash in between her df2 if she's just throwing it out there a lot, but the chip is so weak that you can just walk and crouch and not even worry about getting that dash in. Before you know it, you're right in that sweet spot and can punish her.

Ares has some tight projectiles, but I can't seem to find any combination that is impossible to get a dash in on. I personally have a lot trouble against that character, but that's just in regards to his up close game (he's safe on everything!). For the most part, you can dash in after blocking anything and be safe. You can also punish quite a few things from what I've found. You won't be able to punish the axe throw if it hit you twice though.

Cyborg is broke. I mean if you're going against one that isn't abusing his instant air nova blasts, you still won't be able to dash in between grounded novas. You can still jump them or walk and block them. But since most Cyborgs are abusing the block infinite (even trying it is still enough to just cause problems for everyone) there's nothing much to do. Bonus! If you're somehow get in on a Cyborg, there's a slim chance you can LM him out of his grapple. The very frame he is airborne, he can be nailed. Not sure if that was known tech or not, but just thought I'd share it.

I don't know. I really don't feel like GL gets zoned that bad. He definitely doesn't have as good or clear of answers as some characters, but it's definitely not that bad. 2 free dashes in from pretty much any projectile and you're in. 6%-12% chip, that you may not even get because you can duck a lot of projectiles, isn't as bad as some people make it seem. I'm not an expert at this game by any means and these are just my thoughts and findings. Hope they contribute sort of :/

edit: I tested Sinestro. Why does he zone out GL? I can't find a thing he can do after a blocked special unless that turret is out.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
tested Sinestro. Why does he zone out GL? I can't find a thing he can do after a blocked special unless that turret is out.
He doesn't. Sinestro is all smoke and mirrors and can only give you problems if you are actively trying to advance on him or are trying to throw things back at him.

Just wait for him to do something, block it, and you get a free dash forward and then some.

Once you're at Lift range, he has literally not one safe option. It's kind of funny actually. All zoning tools (fireball, meteor, shackles) can all be punished by lift on block. Jumps get lifted on reaction and his quick advancing mid-hitting string is -9 on block, allowing for a d1 xx lift punish.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
If you duck deathstroke's high hand guns from just outside your jump in distance, you can opt to minigun to check him. This is a particiularly good tool because deathstroke will look to check you with high gun after you block low gun.

Going for the air projectile is OK every now and then. I don't personally like jumping in this game to close distance, not with green lantern's jump. I find myself jumping into their footsy range where I have to respect their options or getting knocked back to where I started by a iag.

He doesn't. Sinestro is all smoke and mirrors and can only give you problems if you are actively trying to advance on him or are trying to throw things back at him.

Just wait for him to do something, block it, and you get a free dash forward and then some.

Once you're at Lift range, he has literally not one safe option. It's kind of funny actually. All zoning tools (fireball, meteor, shackles) can all be punished by lift on block. Jumps get lifted on reaction and his quick advancing mid-hitting string is -9 on block, allowing for a d1 xx lift punish.

That's exactly what I was thinking! Block and punish. What can he do? Pig will probably throw some secret curve ball out that's gonna rock my world, but free dash ins and punishes until then :p

btw. Was this Brady's dirt or is that still a secret?

Interesting....I need to work on this MU. Maybe there's something there.