What's new

A new direction.

Shock

Administrator
Administrator
Founder
O.G.
A number of changes have been going on for me lately. Back in February I was informed that A&P would be closing my store (Pathmark) because the store was not doing enough business, and I would need to find another job. I had already planned on doing so this year regardless, but last year I became a certified pharmacy technician and had planned to get a job working at one in the mean time but that currently is not the case because I have landed a job with very high potential elsewhere. Along with this, I got back together with my ex-girlfriend several months ago and things are going well, I've helped my best friend get a mortgage on a house, got another friend out of dangerously perilous debt, and been presented with other incredible opportunities in recent time.

With this, I would like to announce that I'm not necessarily retiring from MK as I will still play UMK3 and other games in tournaments and still scare the crap out you guys when I'm on Danger, but after playing the MK9 demo, and not being as totally impressed with it as I would have hoped, I've decided to main a new game, but not necessarily just move onto a game like SSF4, or MvC3.

I have made the decision to relieve myself of my duties, so to speak, here in the MK community, and no longer be the voice, ambassador, front man, or whatever you would like to call me, to give myself more time to dedicate to other games and ventures. Over the last few years I have met a lot of great people who are more than capable of carrying out tournament schedules, supplying equipment, running brackets, keeping things hype, etc, for multiple games.

So, with all of this in mind, over the last couple days I've been playing a ton of WWE All Stars, and I must say that I see enormous potential in this engine as a series, and it's only going to get better assuming they make sequels. I'm going to attempt to bring this game to the fighting game community, and create a scene for it, as it rightly deserves. In order to do this, I really can't worry about keeping together the tournament community for MK on the East Coast, as there will be a lot of work involved. Fortunately, it seems to be holding itself together nicely, and we can rest easy, for now.

So here it is, the first official WWE All Stars sign ups thread. Who's interested?

So, with all of this in mind, over the last couple days I've been playing a ton of WWE All Stars, and I must say that I see enormous potential in this engine as a series, and it's only going to get better assuming they make sequels. I'm going to attempt to bring this game to the fighting game community, and create a scene for it, as it rightly deserves. In order to do this, I really can't worry about keeping together the tournament community for MK on the East Coast, as there will be a lot of work involved. Fortunately, it seems to be holding itself together nicely, and we can rest easy, for now.

So here it is, the first official WWE All Stars sign ups thread. Who's interested?
I'm glad someone else thinks All Stars has potential and wants to see it at tournaments. Most of my friends have the game so we're trying to get other people around us to start playing so we can have some sort of scene outside of the seven or eight of us.

Who's your favorite character so far, Shock? I've been maining Undertaker, Cena, and Savage.

Shock

Administrator
Administrator
Founder
O.G.
Undertaker, Sheamus, Savage. Warrior is pretty brutal. I made a few Create a Superstars with two friends who also do indy work (Rampage Rogers and Rotten Ralph).

dreemernj

Ambassador
I have been playing World of Tanks non stop because MK just isn't doing it for me. Late lastnight I got the chance to try all-stars, and I have to say, I dig it.

I am in.

Champion
Completely in...

I've been talking about this game non-stop for a few weeks and loving it so far.

I'll still run MK brackets as needed, but I can see that growing the WWE scene on the East Coast is going to require the lion's share of my attention.

Shock, lets get this done... I'm thinking a local in LI or NJ sometime soon to get people there to see what this game is about... what do you think?