What's new

Tech - Kung Jin A *hole* in Jin's offense

Afro_physicist

Hat Trick
So yesterday I was messing around which of Jin's strings I could EX/meterless spin out of . But I found something not specific to Lao. When Jin does his b14 string the b1 will connect midscreen(not right in your face), but if you're not stand blocking or simply ducking the 4 will whiff. This allows most of the cast to poke out of this string and provide their pressure, but if Jin tries to do b14xxdb3 the db3 wont register off a whiffed 4. So anyone(havent gotten through whole roster) can njp and get a full combo. Don't know if you guys knew this, but it'll help anyone against Jin just a little bit. I'll post a video demonstrating this later when I get home

Last edited:

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Reminds me of Raiden's 22b4 in MK9 that would not combo with last strike on hit if you were too close to your opponent. Not that it mattered back then because his 2 sucked anyway.

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew

@ 2:13
if the 4 whiffs in b14, the string is actually punishable ON HIT.
Why the hell isn't this more well known? All I ever see is people bitching because his 50/50 has so much range and is safe, and you're telling me his low starter is not safe from the range that people cry about? Hell never mind just being unsafe, but unsafe ON HIT? This is a huge find.

EDIT: Never mind. He took a hefty damage nerf and his overhead isn't safe anymore. Guess Kung Jin whining is a thing of the past now lol.

Last edited: