What's new

A dangerous man on the left side corner lol

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
I don't know if this is known but its ridiculous lol. So if you 321>dash>Njp>4>fastball>321>slowball>2f3,1+2. You will get the reset or 7 plus extra damage in the corner. So this could be a 50% meterless if they choose not to block.

Now if you do this in the right corner if they tech roll they will recover behind you as you go for the 1+2... I tried breaking combos in half and going for the reset after the fastball and they would reset but reset behind you....the down fall is if they choose not to block the 7% doesn't hit ... lol

So apparently the left side and right side corners have different properties ... I tried this on several maps so im assuming it works on all.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Whaaaaat? That is crazy.

Was it maybe stance specific? Since the stance would be different once you switched sides...or would it?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Did you test as player 2 to make sure things aren't reversed? This isn't the first time something like that occurs in a fighting game.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Wow, that is stupid. And when the 1+2 whiffs you can be punished really hard with a corner combo. No more using the reset on the right side lol.

And the reset is just as useless on the left corner since the opponent stays cornered afterward. If you try to elbow/ex elbow as a follow up, you switch sides and now you're cornered. Hope that made since lol. Nice catch Rapzilla

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Wow, that is stupid. And when the 1+2 whiffs you can be punished really hard with a corner combo. No more using the reset on the right side lol.

And the reset is just as useless on the left corner since the opponent stays cornered afterward. If you try to elbow/ex elbow as a follow up, you switch sides and now you're cornered. Hope that made since lol. Nice catch Rapzilla
Useless? In the corner there is no pushback. You are in their grill at +8. And because it jails you have your choice of 321 or 1221 or whatever you want to do.

I tested this at WB with a few guys, works every time on the left side and will never work on the right side.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Useless? In the corner there is no pushback. You are in their grill at +8. And because it jails you have your choice of 321 or 1221 or whatever you want to do.

I tested this at WB with a few guys, works every time on the left side and will never work on the right side.
Yeah I see what you mean, sorry. But isn't elbow dash the only thing that's completely guaranteed after the reset?

That's kind of what I was basing my thoughts around because the opponent wouldn't feel as threatened to get hit by an elbow dash since it puts you into the corner.

I have tried this and never used it due to consistency. Now I know that it is just the left/ right corner system. Thanks for the clarification.

Seapeople This reset is more useful in the corner because you can start pressure with 1221 (I dont think you can jump out of it). And corner provides limitation of jumping back. With the mid screen reset you cant do it because of pushback and your opponent can jump back.