What's new

Tech A contribution, finally. . .

Wish I could make videos, but I do not have my set up yet. I figure I should finally contribute to the Flash forums for some tech. These are some things that are known and unknown but I feel more people should take advantage of.

RMS 2
If you end a combo with RMS2 in the corner you can cross them up with F3 or hit the front based on timing. You lose little damage and it adds another layer of corner tricks to Flash.

Flying upper
Ending combos with flying upper. Following with Sonic pound you can basically hit on first frame. Not a true otg, but it is great against characters that do not get a free option select wake up.

Flying upper + Trait
Based off of what GGA Dizzy has already found. You can 11 > Trait combo after a high Flying upper hit.

2,1 Sonic pound
Mid screen if you land 21 Sonic pound a neutral jump to 1 is the most ambiguous crossup there is. I can put it on record or manually do it and the result will vary.

B22 RMS cancel
People still are not using this, it builds way more frame advantage and prevents certain escape options.

F213 / F2 LK
If you plan to do a LK should always input F2 LK 3. It is safe on block unlike F21 and if you whiff it is better to end with the 3 portion since it has good priority and will catch them if they attempt to whiff punish.

LC Trait
Based on Zyphox tech needs to be used more as well. Raw trait to LC then dash d12 lk combos are very effective.

Raw Trait
Raw trait scares the shit out of a lot of players. Many players take to the air to buy time to think, it increases the time to trip guard so abuse that.

Walk Foward
It is the most underused tech I see for Flash players, his foward walk is great. Sure it sucks online, but offline it is a very strong tool.

Vortex F2 LK , D21 LK
In MUs where you need to conserve meter and dislike opponent wakeup options. Use LK hit +15 to continue pressure.

F21 MB B3
Its worth the meter, do it.

Was bored at work and watched some vids of various players including myself. Some tips I came up with.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
for the high flying uppercut you can do this.
does 50% + and way easier to link then 11 trait. i've done this in tournament at the break several times. also don't end in flying upper, they can tech roll out, ending in LC or just b22f3, 32 is a whole lot better IMO, it also sets up cross up OTG's that i have yet to see any other flash but myself use tbh.

also am making a video this week on the just frame midscreen vortex, by hitting a d1d2 LK or f2, f21 or b22 LK if you do a d1 at the right time you don't have to walk up and do a d1 from midscreen for the low option.

LEGEND

YES!
are there any examples for the corner combos that end with RMS 2 so i know if im losing out on more damage than i should?
-
Good idea btw, we should really have a thread like this stickied.

Something that outlines what flash players should be doing and shouldn't be doing. There have been more than a few of these kinds of threads but they always seem to go relatively unnoticed

Zyphox yeah I did see that combo and I use it, but the 11 to trait is much easier to confirm and will hit in surprising conditions. The 11>trait > lk is much easier after you do an hour of it. I end in uppercut and charge but find uppercut is useful for 1. them rolling further into the corner where I want them. 2. they do not tech roll and get 50/50 with sonic pound. Also Scar uses the knockdown the most of all the footage I have seen. I use it the least for sure because I prefer the above positioning. It is a subtle difference but I find myself cornering opponents much faster when I use upper instead. Both are great finishers in my book and have respective uses.

subzerosmokerain I would hold off until more useful things come out of this discussion or I finally spend money to capture tech on video haha.

LEGEND Easy starter combo to get the idea of it d12 or f21 or b22 > MB pound > F3 > 11 > d2 >RMS 2 walk foward F3

Also any Flash players please add to the discussion, I know there are many players that have tech that they do not even realize. I am willing to steal it all. Flash is one of the greatest character btw when you have a person afraid. That is why it is worth doing something unsafe to add an additional item to the list of dangers for opponents.

LEGEND

YES!
the only thing i use that i don't see often enough (that i should work on too) imo is RMS as a mobility/footsies tool. If you can get really good at seamlessly canceling RM into a Sonic pound, D3, MB B3 ect then you can make it really hard for some characters to safely control space, which in turn allows you to just run up to them and get an attack off if they start respecting you

i really like this in the AM MU

Zyphox

Zyphox yeah I did see that combo and I use it, but the 11 to trait is much easier to confirm and will hit in surprising conditions. The 11>trait > lk is much easier after you do an hour of it. I end in uppercut and charge but find uppercut is useful for 1. them rolling further into the corner where I want them. 2. they do not tech roll and get 50/50 with sonic pound. Also Scar uses the knockdown the most of all the footage I have seen. I use it the least for sure because I prefer the above positioning. It is a subtle difference but I find myself cornering opponents much faster when I use upper instead. Both are great finishers in my book and have respective uses.

subzerosmokerain I would hold off until more useful things come out of this discussion or I finally spend money to capture tech on video haha.

LEGEND Easy starter combo to get the idea of it d12 or f21 or b22 > MB pound > F3 > 11 > d2 >RMS 2 walk foward F3

Also any Flash players please add to the discussion, I know there are many players that have tech that they do not even realize. I am willing to steal it all. Flash is one of the greatest character btw when you have a person afraid. That is why it is worth doing something unsafe to add an additional item to the list of dangers for opponents.
you know you can cancel FU into trait like you can with sonic pounds or LK right? takes the timing portion right ouw, i can't even do FU, into 11 trait on a jumping opponent, but this combo is hella easy if you cancel trait from FU with LK x4 b2 Lk b22f3 LC is like 51% meterless anti air combo.

Zyphox

the only thing i use that i don't see often enough (that i should work on too) imo is RMS as a mobility/footsies tool. If you can get really good at seamlessly canceling RM into a Sonic pound, D3, MB B3 ect then you can make it really hard for some characters to safely control space, which in turn allows you to just run up to them and get an attack off if they start respecting you

i really like this in the AM MU
how do you feel the sinestro MU vs flash is? i know this is off topic but i see no way in hell its anything but flash's favor, you can't zone out hitbox flash

LEGEND

YES!
how do you feel the sinestro MU vs flash is? i know this is off topic but i see no way in hell its anything but flash's favor, you can't zone out hitbox flash
i have very limited post patch experience in the MU

i think Flash's FU buff is a bigger deal than Sinestro's B12 buff though, Sinestro can get murdered for using B12 recklessly due to how terrible it is on wiff and that Flash can D2 under it while Flash's FU helps him control the air better than before

i can see it being in Flash's favor but im not comfortable putting a number on it

I think Flash is ahead of Sinestro in most cases. Really it is a matter of baiting out sinestro's mb fear blasts. No meter allows Flash to dominate Sinestro since you can punish all options at that point.