What's new

A character for my playstyle

Macoomba

Noob
Ehy there guys!
I'm maining Sonya right now, because I always loved the rushdown stuff. But, the more I play and I learn foundamentals, the more I feel I like to shimmy and whiff punish. I see I usually am too much patient to play Sonya, so I'd like to give a try with a more whiff punish character. I really like Cassie, but a friend of mine main her and I dont want to have the same main. I love Johnny, but to be honest I dont like his combos that much (plus all of his actual problems.) Maybe Noob? I don't know. I'd really appreciate your opinions!

Edit: I didn't think about Kabal too.

Last edited:

Gunnxr

Apprentice
I would say try Noob, personally. I am a Kabal main but I figured I'd test out some characters to play that would compliment Kabal. I didn't want to play Noob cuz I hate playing characters that are super popular but he's just so much fun He is really making me think about my strategy and how I play too because his play style is very different than Kabal

Ehy there guys!
I'm maining Sonya right now, because I always loved the rushdown stuff. But, the more I play and I learn foundamentals, the more I feel I like to shimmy and whiff punish. I see I usually am too much patient to play Sonya, so I'd like to give a try with a more whiff punish character. I really like Cassie, but a friend of mine main her and I dont want to have the same main. I love Johnny, but to be honest I dont like his combos that much (plus all of his actual problems.) Maybe Noob? I don't know. I'd really appreciate your opinions!

Edit: I didn't think about Kabal too.
Baraka is probably your best bet. He has good tools, but you have to have good fundamentals to be effective.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
You've got some options. If you like to "shimmy and whiff punish" try Skarlet, Baraka, Frost, and Noob out. One of them might be up your alley.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Kabal can be played very well with that style, while also zoning and straight up mixing if he feels like it. He's who you want I think.

Macoomba

Noob
Noob Saibot is a very good option for your playstyle , yeah !
Yeah, I actually hated him in the first days for the spammer casuals but now he looks way better for me! I really love him aesthetic and his combos look dope

I would say try Noob, personally. I am a Kabal main but I figured I'd test out some characters to play that would compliment Kabal. I didn't want to play Noob cuz I hate playing characters that are super popular but he's just so much fun He is really making me think about my strategy and how I play too because his play style is very different than Kabal
Would you mind about telling me the differences between them?

Baraka is probably your best bet. He has good tools, but you have to have good fundamentals to be effective.
I never liked him tbh :(

You've got some options. If you like to "shimmy and whiff punish" try Skarlet, Baraka, Frost, and Noob out. One of them might be up your alley.
I would go with Noob choosing from these options! Frost looks cool too

Kabal can be played very well with that style, while also zoning and straight up mixing if he feels like it. He's who you want I think.
Yeah, with the mixups stuff he could be the best choice coming from Sonya

Gunnxr

Apprentice
Yeah, I actually hated him in the first days for the spammer casuals but now he looks way better for me! I really love him aesthetic and his combos look dope

Would you mind about telling me the differences between them?

I never liked him tbh :(

I would go with Noob choosing from these options! Frost looks cool too

Yeah, with the mixups stuff he could be the best choice coming from Sonya
I suppose that's just my way of looking at the characters. I see Kabal as more of an in your face kind of attacker who can sit back and zone too. But I feel like Noob is best when he's slower and methodical, reacting to what your opponent does rather than the other way around. But that might just be me