What's new

A+ certification

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I'm about to test for A+ certification on the fly. Does this guarantee me anything in terms of salary or job opportunities? Just curious if anyone in the know, knows

RollTide8569

Apprentice
remember just because your are certified does not mean your qualified lol (wise words from one of my teachers)

my other tacher said it doesn't gaurantee you n e thing but you do have a way better chance to get hired on w/ an A+ Certification.

hell, i might take a shot at A+ one day, i already have 3 A+ books (hardware, software, and networking)

Vassago187

Apprentice
When I had just finished school and moved up to Denver I wouldn't even get interviews without A+ and Network+. I had to do some quick self studies and get those just to get an entry level tech support job.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I'm starting to wonder if I even need it now. I'm more of a software/program designer; not a hardware guy. I guess it couldn't hurt to get the A+, but the more I start to read up on the material, the more I realize how way out in left field this is compared to my desired job.

Vassago187

Apprentice
yeah, i was doing desktop support at the time so it was right up my alley. not sure how much you'd need it for programming.