What's new

A bunch of BRUTALITIES in 4K!

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Somebody that works over there was like "oh they're complaining that we aren't showing them anything? Show them everything now" lolz.
At least they listen.

Edit: I feel like there is such a retro feel to how the brutalities look, they did an awesome job.

Last edited:
It's interesting to see the mouth movements of the people who win after they do a brutality. The first few didn't move their mouth at all but sound came out, Raiden moved his jaw up and down like a goldfish when he talked, and Geras's mouth moved perfectly - super fluid - after his second brutality. Interesting imo

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
It's interesting to see the mouth movements of the people who win after they do a brutality. The first few didn't move their mouth at all but sound came out, Raiden moved his jaw up and down like a goldfish when he talked, and Geras's mouth moved perfectly - super fluid - after his second brutality. Interesting imo
I feel like Geras has the best facial animations of anyone so far. Every time I see his intros it just blows my mind how good it looks.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
Just pre-release things. Everyone will be animate normally on launch

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I'm so glad they changed Baraka's pose after his brutalities
Now hopefully they change that voice line too.

It’s badass and cool but who is he talking too lol?

It’s like Kung Lao’s “Learn from this!” In MKX.

Not gonna lie, i’ll miss Kano’s “bitch!” from X.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Now THIS is so SEXY to see 4K Brutalities. Someone add this as Tournament rule.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
I love me some brutalities! The best new finishers in the history of Mortal Kombat!

They are quick, they are vile, they are classic, they feel the same as old fatalities, they are funny, they are gross, they are much better than those combo-crap from MK3, they are sweet, and they are MANY!

Absolutely love them and I'm SO happy they are back!

Now, where are my friendships?

Armac

Noob
I love even the relatively simple brutalities. They give a similar feel to fatalities from the older games.

(New fatalities are still cool. They're just a bit...lengthy and elaborate)

I never understood why the brutalities were in slow motion during the lethal hit. I thought the concept of the brutalities were to be an execution within the kombat itself, without having to take a break before doing a finisher, to be unexpected. And it's weird because that slow motion makes brutalities... less brutal.

And now they added a weird black filter that make the transition between the actual kombat and the brutality a bit awkward to watch.

I like brutalities but I never understood this choice.

kantboy-2

Ripper
Between the intro and the brutality animation, Kano needs a prostate check up.

Intro one is fine, but the brutality almost looks like he's going to rub one out.

:DOGE

The game looks absolutely insane in 4K!
And Raidens Brutality at 2:33 could have easily been a Fatality.

I was fortunate enough to be at the reveal event in LA, and this game is going to blow minds when people see it in person for the first time. Best looking videogame I've ever seen, and I play games on PC in 4k 60fps all the time. Looks better than games like God of War and Horizon on PS4. The videos online never did this game justice, but the few 4k ones we have now do a solid job. I turned to my brother at least 5 times during the reveal and repeatedly kept saying "this is the best looking game I've ever seen..." because I couldn't get over how insane it looked. Maximilian had a similar reaction in his video he shared on Youtube. To anyone who doesn't have at least a PS4 pro and a cheap 4k TV, please do yourselves a favor and figure out a way to make it happen so you can enjoy the best experience possible.