What's new

Question - Scorpion A ? about Scorpion's variations

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
I haven't used Scorpion at all since launch. After picking him up again, I noticed a TON of changes to NInjutsu and Inferno. Im curious, what does everyone consider to be Scorpion's "go to" variation? Inferno's damage is ass compared to its former self, Ninjutsu's damage is better than it used to be, but Hellfire seems to remain unchanged. What's the concensus? HF? NJ? INF? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
Inferno got nerfed cos Hellfire was too good, now Hellfire is alright & inferno is even more hit n miss than it already was, can't comment on ninjitsu but it does more damage so I'd go with that.

BlackViper415

TYM's Head Herpetologist
They're all pretty decent. Unlike some characters, all of Scorpion's variations are close enough in viability at this point that unless you plan on going to EVO, you can really just choose the one that you like the most. It's not like Erron Black or Shinnok where one or two variations render the other one almost pointless.

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
They're all pretty decent. Unlike some characters, all of Scorpion's variations are close enough in viability at this point that unless you plan on going to EVO, you can really just choose the one that you like the most. It's not like Erron Black or Shinnok where one or two variations render the other one almost pointless.
Yeah, that's the vibe I got. Thanks for the replies, dudez.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Ninjitsu is a lot better than people are saying.He's got 34% meterless combo's into a standing reset that can leave him at perfect range for whiff punishing and many other options. His range is insane with his f2, b2 and NJP, NJP is actually really good on block imo. Having good armor breaking capability is another plus.

I would say not to use Ninjitsu against a character that can consistently punish f2 like Reptile. There's matches that can be played with either variation. I'm still learning but I'm starting to prefer Ninjitsu in match ups like D'vorah.