What's new

Tech 74% meterless discovery for Shazam.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
I need to talk about this.. It's been too long.
Last Tuesday night/morning I accidentally discovered what may be one of Shazam's most useful corner combo ending opportunities, resulting in a 22 or so percent bonus damage boost off of a Shazam corer combo.

Shazam's standing two knee attack has a unique property. This knee, very strangely, is capable of reversing a players positional orientation during a combo, though under certain circumstances.
(as of now.)

112, 112, 112, 2, cancelled into the interactable button in the corner will allow Shazam to be the player capable of using interactables- because, for reasons that will forever remain unexplained, standing 2 can horizontally swap player positions when cancelled into a throwable interactable.

I found this on the right side of the Great Room in Wayne Manor, by using the Samurai armor- though I think there is no reason for this not to work on any other stage with corner interactables.
The timing of the standing 2 is rather silly.. Experiment with timing options. This is not too difficult to a point where this combo would be impractical- even for online I landed it, in the one match I played with Shazam that night..

I'll update this OP with a video displaying the tactic on Friday, tomorrow.
SHAZAM!

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Note: 74% is with Solomon's Judgment active.
Without Solomon's Judgment, tis' 54% meterless, I think.

well no special properties here. What you are getting is an unintentional crossup due to the travel distance of the 112 and standing 2 just traveling under the opponent. Pretty cool none the less. thats alot of extra damage. Im Proud of you

JoeX0rX

Noob
Yeah, i mean i have a hard time getting someone pinned in a corner im always blowing meter on HM and torpedo. I usually keep the fight at mid screen by accident..also as shazam i rarely ever hit level transitions..

SmokeMaster

I got no time for whining!!!
Very nice Tech Killabyte. It's offical though. Themyscira/Temple is Shazam's best stage. All the interactions on there can be setup to be inescapable.

But Fortress of Solitude has 2 interactables that you can get a trait off of using and then combo afterwards...

WatchTower ship on the left gives you a free command throw...

Themyscira is OK but there are much better places to go for Shazam.

SmokeMaster

I got no time for whining!!!
But Fortress of Solitude has 2 interactables that you can get a trait off of using and then combo afterwards...

WatchTower ship on the left gives you a free command throw...

Themyscira is OK but there are much better places to go for Shazam.
That's one side of each of those stages though. Anywhere on Themyscrira/Temple where there is an interaction you can set it up to be inescapeable and deal real good damage.

That's one side of each of those stages though. Anywhere on Themyscrira/Temple where there is an interaction you can set it up to be inescapeable and deal real good damage.
Themyscira has no reusable interactables... Solitude has the right side where you confirm a juggle into teleporter into trait everytime. Watchtower has respawning shuttles that continually give you free command throws or high lows or crossups or whatever you want.

can you show me some good combo's for midscreen than or just where i can find them because my best weekness with shazam is that i'm bad at midscreen but when i get them to the corner it is gg

If you think combos are all a character has then you probably need to rethink why you're playing shazam then and go to batgirl for 50% 1 bar combos off safe low/overhead in the corner.

well of course it is not the only thing the character has but that is how i learn a character i learn combos than i learn what is the safest thing to do for the character

Nice find!

I just played around with this a bit and am going to see if I can find some similar stuff with the characters I play (Nightwing/Batman).

I tried this out with Shazam and found a few other ways to set it up that seem slightly easier.

- 112, 112, f1 xx interactible (2nd rep of 112 has Shazam standing directly underneath them, the f1 crosses under on hit allowing for a cancel)
- 112, 112, f2 xx interactible (same as the f1)

Lets see if we can find some practical application of this within some of Shazam's bnb's.

On second thought, why wouldn't we just do something like this instead:

- 112, 112, 112, 2 xx db1 MB, 11 xx interactible (since the grabs cross-up reliably anyway).