What's new

Tech - Konjurer 50/50 setups from HKD

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
112 is a hard knock down and also allows for a safe trap. After this you can go for 50/50 safe which are fairly difficult to escape.

Examples:
Overhead:
(In this combo I also show a setup using the drone slam but this thread isn't really baout that)
Low:
Throw:

It's safe:
But armour can beat it:

Backdashing beats the overhead option but low catches the backdash:
On prediction of backdash you have options:

Forwars jumping:
Overhead catches
Low whiffs but the hugger punishes landing frames:

Backwards jump:
Low can be punished
Overhead catches jump

Both options are safe (about -8 I think)

Setting AI to wakeup short these will still hit but setting to wakeup long they wont. On prediction of delayed wakeup you can go for f23434 for a meaty string.

Obviously armour beats it so you have to look out and bait it sometimes, and same with jumpping backwards. The opponent can wake up with a poke and this is again about predicting this, blocking it and letting the hugger punish. This seems the most consistent of setups I have found so I thought I shared.

This set up isn't amazing because it all about guessing how the opponent is going to attempt to escape it, but it seems fairly effective.

Last edited:

Slavaslave

Professional Casual
So all these setups are safe, but is it a true 5050 if the opponent can just use an advancing wakeup move to blow it up? SZ and reptile can both slide and beat the 5050 without armor.

I was under the impression that a 5050 was when the opponent HAD to block correctly or armor otherwise eat a combo

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
f4 is 17 stratup and b3 is 18 so quite a lot of meterless wakups will beat it unfortunately. Including reptiles and sub's slide, again it's just a bout baiting, or you could use it as a pressure setup and continue with strings from faster normals like 1, b1 and f2. I think this setup will only begin to work once the opponent respects your options. If you only go for the 50/50 everytime a good opponent would soon find a way of escaping. You need to make them respect your options to make them take the 50/50s.

Slavaslave

Professional Casual
okay, that makes sense. I am not used to 5050s yet, my Kotal experience helped my footsies, but not my 5050 game.

SkyratiK

The game session is no longer available.
There's a lot of very useful stuff in here. Thanks for the hard work, you obviously spent some time on this.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk