What's new

Tech 50/50 Reset on Tech Rolls

I've been toying with the idea of this for some time now. I haven't seen it discussed before, so I thought I'd post it to get everyone brainstorming.

Works exactly the same as the 50/50 reset off a hard knockdown. If your opponent chooses to tech roll, they must roll and wakeup to get out. The number of setups that will give you the spacing to do this is limited. On top of that, you'll have to identify that your opponent likes to tech roll before these have any practicality.
  • 22 xx forward teleport > HM
    • You'll need to buffer the HM input during the recovery of TP or it will come out too late
  • [any starter] b3 j3 > forward dash > HM
  • d2 > forward dash > HM
If the range of HM were larger it would open up the possibility of more setups. *COUGH*

*EDIT*

Here's a slightly more practical example of how you could use this to reset someone.

This seems preety interesting. I've actually never tried this online. Tell me, have you tried to do this versus other players? Or why wouldn't I just go for the HM after the 2,2?

Also I'm sure that you can do a throw after the telepot as well.

22 xx teleport was just a get out of the corner idea that led me to this discovery. It's not safe on block by any means, but on hit you have this option.

A surprising amount of people will mash wakeups after tech rolls online, but I have definitely grabbed a couple of people out of them. I haven't found a good way to integrate it into my play yet, but the possibility of additional mind games is exciting regardless.