Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Ninjas' Roundhouse

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Your mom! None of these...

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Time for another Top 5... this one will involve normal moves. Often, this is a very underrated part of MK2. But when you think about it, a good majority of the damage you unleash during a match consists of basic moves.

5: Baraka's Low Punch-
He can rattle off about 3 LPs in the amount of time anyone else can do 1. This just adds to the already awesome CQC Baraka possesses. By far the best LP in the game IMO. And yes, #5 should probably be Liu Kang's Uppercut, but... oh well! I think Baraka's LP is extremely underrated.

4: Shang Tsung's Jump Kick-
The hardest JK to anti-air in MK2, Shang's is a beast. It also comes out incredibly fast as a hop kick, and has great priority. If you're playing vs a noob, you can probably beat them in 10 seconds flat just by jump kicking.

3: Mileena's/Kitana's Sweep Kick
It has the longest range in the game, and is faster than all but Tsung's and Lao's.
The sweep is possibly the most powerful Basic Move in MK2, and the girls set up a lot of their close attacks with sweeps.

2: Jax's High Kick
Against half the cast, Jax really only needs 2 moves to win- ground pound and high kick.
No other HK comes close to Jax's. It will pummel anything within sweep distance, and does big damage. His ground pound makes opponents jump a lot, and that makes this HK even more dangerous.

1: Reptile's/Sub-Zero's/Scorpion's Roundhouse
The Ninjas don't have much- but their roundhouse certainly is a keeper. Arguably the best anti-air, a roundhouse from a Ninja will even take nasty jumpers like Baraka and Shang out of the air. There is even a corner infinite roundhouse combo with them if you can time it right. Their roundhouse is a very critical move for Sub-Zero and Scorpion players who must play keep-away to win.

Your turn to vote!

It has to be between lui kangs low toe and the girls sweeps are the best moves to me on the game seeing that they are the hardest to counter.

Would someone please do a top 12 sweep speed list? That would be very beneficial since it is probably one of the most used moves.

Boiiiii shang CQC is waaay better then Mil thats why mil has to use her sais to keep the distance let me get close to you with shang and see what happens :D.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Would someone please do a top 12 sweep speed list? That would be very beneficial since it is probably one of the most used moves.
It's really a matter of preference. But it's safe to group them into categories of:

BEST
Baraka
Kitana/Mileena
Shang

GOOD
Lao
Kang

MEDIOCRE
Raiden
Cage
Scorpion/Reptile/Sub-Zero

POOR
Jax

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Boiiiii shang CQC is waaay better then Mil thats why mil has to use her sais to keep the distance let me get close to you with shang and see what happens :D.
I'm sure MIKECALDWELL would dispute that, as would I.
Shang can pressure the girls up close to an extent, but especially vs Mileena, he has to be more guarded because of the roll.
Her sweep has more range, and her jab is just about as good as his.

I'm sure MIKECALDWELL would dispute that, as would I.
Shang can pressure the girls up close to an extent, but especially vs Mileena, he has to be more guarded because of the roll.
Her sweep has more range, and her jab is just about as good as his.
I would say Mileena has an advantage on every character up close for the same reasons you've already stated.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
I would say Mileena has an advantage on every character up close for the same reasons you've already stated.
I remember you saying once that I played Mileena vs Shang just like Insane_Nikidemos, because I just kept my distance from your Shang. That made me realize you were right about Mileena beating Shang up close, and I've since adjusted my strategy.

I remember you saying once that I played Mileena vs Shang just like Insane_Nikidemos, because I just kept my distance from your Shang. That made me realize you were right about Mileena beating Shang up close, and I've since adjusted my strategy.
Yea it's always been a pet peeve of mine when someone tries to beat me full screen when they could have just as easily beat me up close.

I suppose fighting shang from a distance with Mileena might be the smarter thing to do because by coming in you are allowing Shang to use his only options in this fight, but what fun is it just to run and spam. Regardless, she still has an advantage anywhere on the screen.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
I suppose fighting shang from a distance with Mileena might be the smarter thing to do because by coming in you are allowing Shang to use his only options in this fight, but what fun is it just to run and spam. Regardless, she still has an advantage anywhere on the screen.
Yeah it's safer to keep distance from him... but when I'm Shang vs the girls, they usually kill me up close LOL.