What's new

Tech - Venomous 48% Meterless Combo - "The Waz"

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
You're a little late with this :cool:

Seriously though Venomous corner damage is no joke. You can get similar damage from her 11B2 or 212 starter which is very viable punisher. If you land a punish in the corner she gets practically half life for no meter.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
You're a little late with this :cool:

Seriously though Venomous corner damage is no joke. You can get similar damage from her 11B2 or 212 starter which is very viable punisher. If you land a punish in the corner she gets practically half life for no meter.
That video is old btw, that combo has since been nerfed, im getting 43% with no tick after :( but that 11b2 is some good stuff! im gonna play around with that!

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
F44, d3x2, d1x4, 112~db4 48% meterless. Actually might be a little more than that since I haven't been able to check that combo in xl, where db4 damage got buffed, because I'm a pc player. The poison still stacks the same, so the damage should be similar.

The above combo with a 11b2 starter does about 44-45 I'd say. Keep in mind all this changes if you have any stacks running.

STB Shujinkydink

F44, d3x2, d1x4, 112~db4 48% meterless. Actually might be a little more than that since I haven't been able to check that combo in xl, where db4 damage got buffed, because I'm a pc player. The poison still stacks the same, so the damage should be similar.

The above combo with a 11b2 starter does about 44-45 I'd say. Keep in mind all this changes if you have any stacks running.
gravity seems to be fluffing me up, i can get 2 D1s into 112. I think we need more help midscreen honestly

Second Saint

gravity seems to be fluffing me up, i can get 2 D1s into 112. I think we need more help midscreen honestly
Oh, I apologize, I meant that was a corner combo.

Midscreen there's good damage off f34, f44, 212, and 11b2, but I tend to agree since the character really only shines in the corner, but lacks any particular corner carry. I don't really see her ever getting that help because it would be so easy to make Venomous a monster.

Oh, you might get a fun video out of this. Ex bug spray Jason with his infinite armor buff up and watch the carnage.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
That video is old btw, that combo has since been nerfed, im getting 43% with no tick after :( but that 11b2 is some good stuff! im gonna play around with that!
Video is old yeah but the actual point of the damage is the same. Stacking up D1's with venomous before the ticks reset is still the core.

They nerfed her Venom stacks shortly after I put up that vid which sucks. She still does really good meterless damage though. The D1 stacks haven't changed all that much.

Oh, I apologize, I meant that was a corner combo.

Midscreen there's good damage off f34, f44, 212, and 11b2, but I tend to agree since the character really only shines in the corner, but lacks any particular corner carry. I don't really see her ever getting that help because it would be so easy to make Venomous a monster.

Oh, you might get a fun video out of this. Ex bug spray Jason with his infinite armor buff up and watch the carnage.
212 - puddle - D1 - 112 - DB4 into oki has very nice corner carry and does good damage by itself. That's my bnb for a S2 punish.

Second Saint

Video is old yeah but the actual point of the damage is the same. Stacking up D1's with venomous before the ticks reset is still the core.

They nerfed her Venom stacks shortly after I put up that vid which sucks. She still does really good meterless damage though. The D1 stacks haven't changed all that much.

212 - puddle - D1 - 112 - DB4 into oki has very nice corner carry and does good damage by itself. That's my bnb for a S2 punish.
If I know I can hit a 212 punish, I prefer to spend the meter for max damage. 212~ex db1, njp, ji1, rc, 112~db4. The 112 ender is a bit harder to land and female hurtboxes hive it trouble, but the damage is nice. Otherwise f22 will still break 40%.

STB Shujinkydink

It sucks d1 only does .3 now though. They should buff that

Second Saint

It sucks d1 only does .3 now though. They should buff that
They didn't change any of the initial damage on poison stacks. The way venom works is the initial damage + a stacking bonus amount per application after the first. The way they nerfed the poison damage was by reducing the rate at which bonus damage climbs from .5 to .35, making the difference negligible at low amounts of stacks, but fairly significant at higher ends. I think the difference at 10 stacks was something like 7% unscaled.

I made some charts and explained how the venom worked way back. The spreadsheets are also based on my data. Really wish they'd been stickied like I wanted, but I also probably should've tagged a mod when I made it, lol.

https://testyourmight.com/threads/the-venomous-tick-damage-spread-sheet-and-charts.57945/

Second Saint

What happens if you end with throw? Doesn't she use the stingers for that too?
She does, but, assuming throw would even hit at that gravity, it would cause the final tick of the poison to happen during the throw animation at the end of a long combo, scaling it heavily, then likely adding 1.5% damage at the end. Net loss, but you do get a hard knockdown.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
It's interesting that it's possible, but I'm not so sure what I could do with it. The double NJP part is super tricky and crosses an execution difficulty line with me. I started with SQ because that's what you are supposed to do, but migrated to Venomous needing something with more forgiveness in execution. If I could do this reliably enough to actually want to use it, then I feel like I would probably just go back to rocking some bug cancels .

Since the timing on the jumps is pretty tight and late I'm wondering who is getting sucked into this. I've certainly been sucker NJP'ed in the corner but then I kind of suck so nobody really needs to squeeze out an extra 4-5% on me to get the W over an easier/reliable alternative. Maybe I'm wrong, but if you need every % you can get to just barley edge out your opponent then isn't it likely they are good enough to not fall for the initial hit, or you're so late on your NJP that you're eating their attack instead?

I wish I still had all my % markers on my monitor to tell what some other starters end up with, but lots of things will get you what looks like low 40's that are a lot easier to do (for me at least). Dropping the second NJP and going strait in for 8 d1's looks like it comes in just under this combo by about 1-2%. That's a pretty good alternative for the execution challenged like myself. Off of 212 you can get about 46-47% if you got a bar to spend and it's stupid easy.

Anyway, it's cool to see Venomous get highlighted. I thought the double NJP combos were a myth until now.

Wazminator

twitch.tv/Wazminator
It's interesting that it's possible, but I'm not so sure what I could do with it. The double NJP part is super tricky and crosses an execution difficulty line with me. I started with SQ because that's what you are supposed to do, but migrated to Venomous needing something with more forgiveness in execution. If I could do this reliably enough to actually want to use it, then I feel like I would probably just go back to rocking some bug cancels .

Since the timing on the jumps is pretty tight and late I'm wondering who is getting sucked into this. I've certainly been sucker NJP'ed in the corner but then I kind of suck so nobody really needs to squeeze out an extra 4-5% on me to get the W over an easier/reliable alternative. Maybe I'm wrong, but if you need every % you can get to just barley edge out your opponent then isn't it likely they are good enough to not fall for the initial hit, or you're so late on your NJP that you're eating their attack instead?

I wish I still had all my % markers on my monitor to tell what some other starters end up with, but lots of things will get you what looks like low 40's that are a lot easier to do (for me at least). Dropping the second NJP and going strait in for 8 d1's looks like it comes in just under this combo by about 1-2%. That's a pretty good alternative for the execution challenged like myself. Off of 212 you can get about 46-47% if you got a bar to spend and it's stupid easy.

Anyway, it's cool to see Venomous get highlighted. I thought the double NJP combos were a myth until now.
A more practical version of this combo would just be 1 NJP with the same stuff afterwards, its 46% if you remove one NJP.

Wazminator

twitch.tv/Wazminator
Good to see some D'Vorah stuff getting posted again, regardless of how new/old the combos are its always good to bring back hype for D'Vorah :D

Good stuff Dink