What's new

Video/Tutorial - Shotgun 32 - 51% Shotgun Corner Combos

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Hi,

Just posted a meterless vortex guide on Shotgun and though I might as well post some high damaging combo's I found in the corner. I start with a jip just to demonstrate max damage.

No Meter:
jip 33 bf2 f122+4 11 11 4 bf4 [40%] (hit confirm 33 into bf2, if blocked use df2)
jip b33 bf2 f122+4 11 11 4 bf4 [38%] (hit confirm b33 into bf2, if blocked use df2)
jip b2 bf2 f122+4 11 11 4 bf4 [35%] (very unsafe as b2 can't be hit confirmed. bf2 is -19 on block)
jip b2 11 11 11 4 bf4 [33%] (safe overhead mix up, b2 is -5 on block)

One Meter:
jip 33 db2 ex 33 bf2 f122+4 11 11 4 bf4 [51%] (only ex if hit confirmed to avoid wasting meter)
jip b33 db2 ex 33 bf2 f122+4 11 11 4 bf4 [49%] (only ex if hit confirmed to avoid wasting meter)
jip b2 4 db2 ex 33 bf2 f122+4 11 11 bf4 [47%] (safe overhead that can't waste a meter)

I hope these combo's helped in some way. If you know better combos please post a comment letting me know I'm bad lol :)

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
All of these are known, but I'm sure some people will appreciate the notation! There are also slightly more damaging combos than these.

colby4898

Ok fair enough, thanks for the reply :)

I was a aware of a 50% combo I saw SonixFox do in the corner from a b33 without jump in for one meter. However that included 4u4 twice in a row which I find very difficult to do mid combo. So I settled for a much easier 48% from the same starter. That's the only high damaging corner combo I've seen so I wasn't really sure if these were actually good or not.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
Check this out. (I don't mean to come off like I'm hijacking your thread, just wanna contribute)

Up to 53% corner combo, one bar, no JiP starter or stupid Stanky Leg needed.

Last edited:

colby4898

Haha no problem hijack away. If they're better then they're better and you should post them and I shouldn't post them. lol

I like the way you used f2u2 ud4 mid combo like that, I tried to find a way to implement that but when I did it came out at no better damage so I kept it simple. So that's helpful.

I also like how you had a jip after the ex low blast. I didn't know you could do that.

Thank you for sharing :)

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
Haha no problem hijack away. If they're better then they're better and you should post them and I shouldn't post them. lol

I like the way you used f2u2 ud4 mid combo like that, I tried to find a way to implement that but when I did it came out at no better damage so I kept it simple. So that's helpful.

I also like how you had a jip after the ex low blast. I didn't know you could do that.

Thank you for sharing :)
No prob! I have a ton of Jacqui videos on my youtube page, mostly Shotgun. Feel free to browse around. Shotgun is my main.

To do the JiP after ex-low shotgun: it MUST be a Ji2. Ji1 doesn't work. The timing is a little hard. If you mis-time it, you'll end up putting yourself in the corner. You need to input Ji2 a little early while you're in the air. I just stumbled upon this a few days ago actually.