What's new

3 months away for the Mortal Kombat Trilogy Tournament

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I guess I should let TYM know this will definitely going down, the tournament was baptized "Mortal Kombat Trilogy: Special Edition"

Will go down on June 29th of this year, and the words are going around the province since then.
Everyone that played MKT and was a top in Luanda is starting to go ape shit and practicing for the event, so i hope to see some good old faces running during the tournament..
We've even seen some facebook activity related to it, and persons claiming they gonna roll, so far this crazy.

To make it even more fun, all traditional rules that we played with for over 10 years are enforced, so Unlimited run is a mandatory rule, TO's felt they don't need to take this out because we played like that since forever. Will be run on PC version, so all characters are pretty much allowed except for the bosses, the current discussion running is if we should ban MKII Kung Lao and all the classics, half says yes, other half says no, i will see how this go trough.

Either way this tournament will go down, with classics or without it and for the look of it, it may be bigger than MK9 events. In addition, we recently have earned a new spot, where our tournaments will start to be enjoyed.

Some players are already making predictions of top 10, and how they will make ppl cry in tournaments, i just let that smile in the face and said "This is going to be fun"

This is the new spot we've earned for future tournaments, this one will definitely go down here

Last edited by a moderator:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Update: Today a few ppl were mad because they want to play with auto-strings, the top tiers, were laughing their ass off, but aparently no one gives a flying fuck if they play with auto or not, we say everyone who plays with automatics don't know how to play.

So today a poll will be open so ppl can vote if they give a fuck about auto-strings competitors in the tournament, i'm pretty sure everyone will vote so they can join in, they say they can have fun this way so....

This thread now will be be updated with news about the even and what is going on until the day of the tournament, feel free to follow it.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I have two questions:

- Auto strings? What the hell? Is that something programmed into the PC version? I assume you hit one button and it would do Sub Zero's HP,HP,LP,LK,HK,B+HK string? That seems really stupid to allow.

- Unlimited run is standard? How can that be? Has that always been the tournament norm?

Vagrant

Noob
Is there a write up that someone can direct me to that explains how this game is played competitively? I played it a ton as a kid but know next to nothing about the competitive meta.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Is there a write up that someone can direct me to that explains how this game is played competitively? I played it a ton as a kid but know next to nothing about the competitive meta.
From my understanding, it works a little like Marvel. Lots of ToD combos and infinites.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I have two questions:

- Auto strings? What the hell? Is that something programmed into the PC version? I assume you hit one button and it would do Sub Zero's HP,HP,LP,LK,HK,B+HK string? That seems really stupid to allow.

- Unlimited run is standard? How can that be? Has that always been the tournament norm?
yeah, back in the day, Angola is probably the only country that plays MKT with unlimited run, is a sort of tradition, and doesn't take the fun away tho ^^