What's new

3 Fight Styles Pros/Cons

Your feeling about this?

• Total voters

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
also i hope they dont give everyone (by everyone i mean alot of characters) a "weapon stance" Scorp & Sub have one and looks like Kotal Kahn might too from those screenshots.
the idea of 3 variations is great but pls nrs dont ruin it by reusing old ideas from 3d mk games, just keep building and make this game play as awesome as it looks ^_^

trufenix

bye felicia
Question: What will be the tournament ruling for this? I believe in SF4, you can change Ultras even after a win but you have to pick your Ultra first before the opponent picks his character.

Is that correct and will this be the same?
There won't be any switching allowed. If this literally changes moves, strings, and traits we are basically talking ab out a completely different character.

I'm an impatient bastard and not having to do so much extra work to have 3 variations could mean the game coming out earlier. Whether true or not its an irrational pain

trufenix

bye felicia
Writing a pros and cons list for this is like writing a pros and cons list for having more characters in a game.

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
A very simple breakdown that honestly worries me:

Pro - More depth + variation in gameplay
Con - Harder to balance, could very well result in the majority of fighting styles being utterly useless if one is significantly stronger than the rest per character (Resulting in wasted development time that could be used elsewhere).

Fan Boy in 3....2...1...
Mileena
style 1 - with Sai
style 2 - zone happy
style 3 - Armor death rolls and tele (also roll as a true low and ex stays overhead as in mk9)

Ilthuain

Lost in a labyrinth of egoism
There won't be any switching allowed. If this literally changes moves, strings, and traits we are basically talking ab out a completely different character.
I kinda hope tournaments at least try to play with style switching. At worst, players will still be locked into selecting between 3 unique move sets, and it still remains to be seen how unique each version is.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
Snippity Bippity
Nice write up. I thought these points too.

If they want these styles to have real meaningful impact on the game(assuming that's the goal) while not leading to tons and tons of counter picking(although I'll expect some) it's going to have to be meticulously fine tuned by testing.

Pearl Monnkey

Mountain Climber
Trust me, anyone who's played you online knows this.
Why would anyone want to strain their brain while playing a game? And also, games are for entertainment, not "work." This shit is getting too complex which ruins games. We'll see though, may be over-estimating the complexity. Also, your post was a sneak diss on the low, what motivated you to feel the need to prop yourself up by insulting I?