What's new

3-3-07 UMK3 Casuals Recap

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I will go through them tonight, I haven't had the umph to get through them yet but they are backed onto a DVD for easier transferring.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
No Reptile relaunch but I got Ermac relaunch on Sheeva, I think you were asking for that to show someone who didn't believe it could be done on an arcade machine.

I am trying to edit the matches now, it's turning out to be a huge pain in the ass. I will figure it out by tomorrow, but they are in the process right now. A lot of the matches while I was at the food stand were recording with some weird discoloration effect on, everything has a brown tint. I don't know if I'll put any of those up, maybe only ones that have something exceptional in them or fast paced matches.

Here's a shot of a whopping *7* quarters up. My goal is to see an entire row solid quarters on that machine by year's end!

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
OK the 2.9 gig file is resaved and indexed now thanks to Virtual Dub to a 2.7 gigger, and I can edit the matches down more quickly. Before it had no index so it had a huge problem seeking. I will do this tomorrow and post them. For now I slumber. The clips won't have any random jumping around or frameskipping like it does with the record input device I use. This was worth a shot and I think I'll find another, better way to do it using a similar method.

Shock, from the few videos I seen your Kung Lao is really good. I'm just wondering why you don't use him more often? I would love to see more videos of him.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I am going to cut the matches up that are worth putting up today indivoidually as always. Probably be around 100 megs worth total.

My Kung Lao is OK. The reason why I didn't use him that much is because I didn't get to practice as him before hand. I hate watching my sloppy Kung. A lot the dive kicks I do randomly are just checking to see if they work or if I've got the timing down for the fast ones. If I got there earlier, I'd play vs the CPU as Kung just to get the spin to juggle combos down, otherwise I try and mix it up as much as I can depending on who is there.

Same goes for Reptile, I didn't get to practice dashing punch timing at all. Something like that is so precise that doing it on the gamepad on XBLA or on the Keyboard through mame is different than arcade stick timing. I constantly cancel it too quickly and there's little time to practice.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
OK basically everything I am going to put up is there now. That was a lot of matches to go through. Enjoy. Post about them wherever you want.

DarKNaTaS

Retired!
hey shock there are 2 videos i wanted to see but i dont know if it was recorded the fight with me and u when u did that 80 something % combo with ermac on me and the vid where i did a 80 something % combo with classic sub on frankie

DarKNaTaS said:
rsigley said:
sorry wanted to go but gf birthday was on fri and i ditched her last sat for the break tourney, couldn't do it two weeks in a row

maybe next time :!:
u should have done what i did bring ur girl with u to the break thats what i did and my girl had fun
she got tired of that like 3 years ago sadly :(

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I don't think either of those matches are on tape. I'll have to go through it again to be sure. I'm almost postitive the Ermac 82% didn't get recorded, that was TKS, HPHP, TP whiff, HP, JK, TKS, HPHP, HP, JK. The other combo I don't remember seeing on the tape.