What's new

Question - Swarm Queen 212 into vortex... how to do it?

Renoi

Noob
I see a lot of combo videos with D'Vorah canceling into it, but I'm unsure of how to get the timing down. Is there any particular trick to getting it off? I noticed that when I enter the command for 212 quickly, the entire string goes through but I'm unsure of the timing of when to do the vortex swarm afterwards.

Thanks!

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
I haven't tried this specifically because I play Brood Mother, but I'm always able to cancel out of 212 without a hitch. As a general rule, here's everything I try in NRS games when I can't get a move to come out:
  • Try canceling earlier.
  • Try canceling later.
  • Try canceling right as the last attack of the string hits.
  • Try canceling right *after* the last attack of the string hits.
  • Try negative edge inputs: 2121db.

212xx feels like a pretty standard cancel, the execution window is honestly quite large: have you tried looking at your controller settings? I turned off everything but the diagonal imputs.

Krackatoa

BEES? BEES!
Remember, and extra inputs are going to negate your special cancel. You have to be precise, and don't mash. If you press too many buttons, it simply won't register.

Renoi

Noob
Remember, and extra inputs are going to negate your special cancel. You have to be precise, and don't mash. If you press too many buttons, it simply won't register.
This

I've been practicing this combo and it's been coming out consistently once I got more precise with my movement. As I enter in 2,1,2, I made sure that it's smooth and in the same rhythm complete the movement for D, B+1 without any additional inputs. The time inbetween 2,1,2,1 should all be the same.

However it's more about precision than timing.

Noob
I find that if I input it all in as one string it works 100% every time. An easy way to try figure out cancels, as they are different for some characters and moves, is to input it all in as one long string as fast as you can. Then slowly start separating the starting string and the special move. Though an easy rule of thumb is, after you have put in the string, and the second hit lands (in a 3 hit combo) that's when you do the special, quick. not so quick that you screw it up, but the quickest rate you can do it cleanly.

Not sure if people are still reading this, but I noticed a bad habit I had early on was trying it too quickly and ending up with the inputs 2121DB instead of 212DB1 - I think my right hand just knew it had to hit 1 again soon and jumped the gun lol.

Sorry for jumping sideways a bit.
What are cancels actually?
Is it when you do portion of combo and then link into special move?

Is there a guide on all this somewhere? Like, all those terms.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Sorry for jumping sideways a bit.
What are cancels actually?
Is it when you do portion of combo and then link into special move?

Is there a guide on all this somewhere? Like, all those terms.
You can cancel a move or chain of moves at certain points, returning to Neutral by pressing down or with a dash. You can cancel certain combos with specials. Certain specials can be dashcancelled, such as fast advancing specials. Pretty sure there is a guide on everything by now, try to search for it.